Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Call them preferably before lunch time (Edmonton time). Either they will say "it's in transit " or still in Sydney,N.S. for background check.
In reality, nothing is moving in Edmonton since those applicants who submitted on February 2012.

jcp488

Jan 14, 2013
Canuto said:
Call them preferably before lunch time (Edmonton time). Either they will say "it's in transit " or still in Sydney,N.S. for background check.
In reality, nothing is moving in Edmonton since those applicants who submitted on February 2012.
Followed your advise and was able to talk to an agent just before lunch time.

I was informed my documents are in Edmonton a couple of months ago. :)

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
That's great! We both have our papers at CIC Edmonton office.

Appreciate if our fellow Edmontonians could update us here of any progress or changes in their Citizenship applications, mostly those in status of IN PROCESS. Just to know if there is actually movement going on at our local CIC office. Thanks.

ALL THE BEST!!!!

jcp488

Jan 14, 2013
Canuto said:
That's great! We both have our papers at CIC Edmonton office.

Appreciate if our fellow Edmontonians could update us here of any progress or changes in their Citizenship applications, mostly those in status of IN PROCESS. Just to know if there is actually movement going on at our local CIC office. Thanks.

ALL THE BEST!!!!
When did you submit your file Canuto?

edmonton2011 do you still update the Timeline sheet?

Any update on your applications Wonderboy, tomcat85, and winter2012? We all shared similar timelines.

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, the timeline sheet is still up to date, but unfortunately some applicants stop updating their timeline.
I have not heard anything for a while from Tomcat85. Winter2012 has received an RQ, so he/she can expect a long delay in his/her case.
Wonderboy has been inactive for about 1.5 months.

Here is the link to the timeline sheet (Edmonton office):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ai9o70015IRPdFl6MnhXV0VZbnN1YnZWLXpld0Vya1E&type=view&gid=4&f=true&colid0=1&filterstr0=Edmonton&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Hi jcp488,
Here is my timeline: Edmonton 2011 , kindly add me to the sheet.
Application Submitted: June 2012
Started processing: June 2013. I was shocked to see on ECAS that after one year CIC started procesing my papers.So from now on, I began calling them(CIC CALL CENTRE) for my papers whereabouts.

June 2013 I phoned the call centre and informed me that my papers are still in Sydney,N.S. on Background check.
July 2013, agent said my papers are IN TRANSIT to Edmonton
August 2013, agent said my papers are in Edmonton.

My fellow Albertans and citizenship applicants nationwide, I suggest we join the Association of Future Canadians and be counted. As Eileenf advised us, start writing to our MP's/MLA's. This bright and strong individual is on the same page of our frustrations in the system, she needs our support! We are the future voters of Canada and I'm sure our MP's will be on our side.

as per Eileenf:
The Association of Future Canadians has started a private Google group where we can exchange information about working together to address the unreasonable citizenship delays.

So far, there are discussions about:
1. meeting with MPs,
2. working with political parties to get them to support Fair and Timely Processing,
3. contact info for journalists writing about citizenship matters,
4. exploration of legal options and
5. organizing the creation of a press packet with basic information about the citizenship delays and people's RQ stories.

Please sign up with the Association if you are interested: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/association-of-future-canadians/

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Looks like the reason why our Local CIC( Edmonton) is tooo slowwww is that, it seems no one is processing our papers. They posted an opening at job bank for Citizen Services Officer. Closing date Aug 15 2013. So probably these batch of new prospective employees will start on Sept or Oct 1, then under go weeks or months of training so expect some movements around November or December 2013??? ENJOY SUMMER THAT NEVER LAST!!!! LOL

jcp488

Jan 14, 2013
Canuto said:
Looks like the reason why our Local CIC( Edmonton) is tooo slowwww is that, it seems no one is processing our papers. They posted an opening at job bank for Citizen Services Officer. Closing date Aug 15 2013. So probably these batch of new prospective employees will start on Sept or Oct 1, then under go weeks or months of training so expect some movements around November or December 2013??? ENJOY SUMMER THAT NEVER LAST!!!! LOL
On the other hand, hopefully they are adding manpower to speed-up the process. :)

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Looks like there are 7 citizenship ceremonies in Edmonton this month.
Any Edmontonians or the neighborhood citiies got invited to it? Hope you dont mind if you share your timeline.

ALSO, anyone got the written test invitation this month?

Hope to hear from you. Thanks.

Hensen

Apr 19, 2013
Hi,

Is there a phase in the processing phases called "waiting to Schedule for the citizenship test"? - My wife called CIC, and they mentioned something like that. Any idea?

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Hi, It appears that your papers are at CIC local Edmonton Office. The other common reply from them(CIC Agent) is that, papers are still in Nova Scotia and undergoing background check.
My papers have been in Edmonton Office since August 2013, awaiting for that invitation for a written test.
Appreciate if you can share your application timeline as well.
CIC should really update that Waiting time posted on the web. It is false and misleading the general public.
BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!!

Hensen

Apr 19, 2013
Thanks Canuto.

Yes, my wife's application is in Edmonton Office. I thought that the waiting would be a week or two, but you are saying you are waiting since August for the invitation for the written test.

jcp488

Jan 14, 2013
Hensen said:
Thanks Canuto.

Yes, my wife's application is in Edmonton Office. I thought that the waiting would be a week or two, but you are saying you are waiting since August for the invitation for the written test.

Hi Hensen, just to share, I phoned CIC and found out my docs were transferred to Edmonton in June 2013.. I got the test invite Dec 2013.. Took the exam Last week..