+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC is asking for PROOF OF FUNDS, But I applied under CEC

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
kryt0n said:
It will be the funds you declared in your EE profile. What amount did you declare?
HI there!

Funny enough i declared 0$. and that was on purpose to disqualify me for FSW so i wont have to show proof of funds. but here we are..lol ;D

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now this is getting interesting, a couple of weeks ago I've read somewhere that POF is mandatory for EE regardless of the specific program requirements (CEC or FSW) unless you have a valid job offer supported by LMIA.
I have a suspicion that POF for CEC is debatable though as your Canadian salary is a POF....

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
katja2684 said:
Now this is getting interesting, a couple of weeks ago I've read somewhere that POF is mandatory for EE regardless of the specific program requirements (CEC or FSW) unless you have a valid job offer supported by LMIA.
I have a suspicion that POF for CEC is debatable though as your Canadian salary is a POF....
I'm not sure what is going on with it. I was asked for PoF and I'm working and have a job offer supported by a LMIA. So, even though it says you don't need it, I was still asked to provide it.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katja2684 said:
I read the same thing - that it's an EE requirement now. I think it's interesting that the OP was told to provide it, but the minimums would not apply as they would for FSW.

In my checklist, the section was called "means of support" rather than "proof of funds". To me, that subtle difference in language had a difference in meaning - if I have to prove I can support myself and my partner, then my NoA and T4 should count, while "funds" would indicate a certain static amount of money. Anyway, I have a feeling that CIC will accept employment income as proof of funds, because the purpose of the requirement is to show you won't come to Canada to be on welfare, and a job with a steady salary will demonstrate that.

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
dobes said:
I read the same thing - that it's an EE requirement now. I think it's interesting that the OP was told to provide it, but the minimums would not apply as they would for FSW.

In my checklist, the section was called "means of support" rather than "proof of funds". To me, that subtle difference in language had a difference in meaning - if I have to prove I can support myself and my partner, then my NoA and T4 should count, while "funds" would indicate a certain static amount of money. Anyway, I have a feeling that CIC will accept employment income as proof of funds, because the purpose of the requirement is to show you won't come to Canada to be on welfare, and a job with a steady salary will demonstrate that.
UPDATE:

So I got a message from CIC saying my application has been updated. I logged in but found no Messages, but later realized that they had modified my checklist. It now reads :proof of Means of Financial Support"

So as the quoted poster said, proof of funds is definitely different from proof of means of financial support. So for me I think they just want to see my employment income information and not a specific amount of money in my account like in FSW.

canadaxprs

May 3, 2015
omolomi said:
UPDATE:

So I got a message from CIC saying my application has been updated. I logged in but found no Messages, but later realized that they had modified my checklist. It now reads :proof of Means of Financial Support"

So as the quoted poster said, proof of funds is definitely different from proof of means of financial support. So for me I think they just want to see my employment income information and not a specific amount of money in my account like in FSW.
I don't see the difference... I think CEC and FSW applicant receive exactly the same wording in the checklist for POF: I know at least 2 FSW people and in their checklist it says "proof of means of financial support" in that section. You are a CEC applicant and it is saying the same thing. EE is a really complex machine isn't it? :)

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaxprs said:
I don't see the difference... I think CEC and FSW applicant receive exactly the same wording in the checklist for POF: I know at least 2 FSW people and in their checklist it says "proof of means of financial support" in that section. You are a CEC applicant and it is saying the same thing. EE is a really complex machine isn't it? :)
Maybe it says proof of means of financial support under either program when they know you are currently employed in Canada?

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My checklist also said 'proof of means of financial support' and I was invited under FSW.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katja2684 said:
My checklist also said 'proof of means of financial support' and I was invited under FSW.
I also am FSW, currently working on an open work permit in Canada, and my documents said 'means of financial support'. I sent the bank statements and the T4/NoA. I had the required amount in the bank at the time I applied, but spent about $2500 for the application and medicals, so I'm about $1500 short now, and hoping the salary information will cover me if I have to prove the amount again once I'm approved.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
I received an email from CIC today asking for my ECA to be submitted as part of additional document request.
I was given until May 29th to submit the document. if not then they say "Application will be assessed based on the available information and will be refused".
When they say refused, does that mean i will not get any fees paid ?? if they reject then i think i will not get but refuse the application will be different any thoughts??

PS: BTW, i got positive response for my first application so hopefully if i didn't submit this doc and they refuse and give all my money back then i would be thankful.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
I also am FSW, currently working on an open work permit in Canada, and my documents said 'means of financial support'. I sent the bank statements and the T4/NoA. I had the required amount in the bank at the time I applied, but spent about $2500 for the application and medicals, so I'm about $1500 short now, and hoping the salary information will cover me if I have to prove the amount again once I'm approved.
I got the letter from my bank with the average balance for the past 6 months, T4 and NOA, and bank statements.
Not sure if my consultant uploaded the bank statements though,because I've also got a printout from the bank with the ending balance for the bank letter and I was hoping that's enough. I try not to touch the PoF and manage my spendings from my salary.
By the way, are you planning to apply for BOWP or your permit is still valid for a couple more months? Mine expires in November and I've just read the BOWP rules have changed for EE applicants?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caththisking said:
I received an email from CIC today asking for my ECA to be submitted as part of additional document request.
I was given until May 29th to submit the document. if not then they say "Application will be assessed based on the available information and will be refused".
When they say refused, does that mean i will not get any fees paid ?? if they reject then i think i will not get but refuse the application will be different any thoughts??

PS: BTW, i got positive response for my first application so hopefully if i didn't submit this doc and they refuse and give all my money back then i would be thankful.
I have no idea why you posted this in this thread.

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
they ask me too so i sent my current bank statement with approx $5000 and my T4 + ROE from my previous work. now just waiting for next update from cic.

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vehla_ji said:
they ask me too so i sent my current bank statement with approx $5000 and my T4 + ROE from my previous work. now just waiting for next update from cic.
Did they ask you to show $5000 specifically, or, did they just ask you to show as much as you declared in your EE profile?

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
april2014_AINP said:
Did they ask you to show $5000 specifically, or, did they just ask you to show as much as you declared in your EE profile?
that's what I have in my account and I said it's approximately. If someone currently working inside Canada have valid job and work permit thn don't have to show funds but I just don't wanna waste time that's why I sent them.