+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC is asking for PROOF OF FUNDS, But I applied under CEC

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
My application was updated today saying that my medical was passed. But they are also asking for proof of funds and IELTS results
IELTS I can provide yes, but proof of funds?????? I thought that was only required for FSW

CIC Website says:You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

I am currently working on a post graduate work permit. So what is the problem?? And during the profile creation i put 0 dollars is the funds field which disqualified me for FSW

-Can someone one please help with this :-[

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
Bump; I have been told to send proof within 7 days. where am i supposed to get almost 12000 dollars in 7 days.. :-\
Hopefully everyone who has been thinking no proof of funds for CEC can learn from this and start gathering funds.

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

ARMANIZ

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you upload your T4 and NOA before? What was your timeline?

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
ARMANIZ said:
Did you upload your T4 and NOA before? What was your timeline?
HI!
ITA: April 17
Did Medical test on May 5th
AOR: May 8th
Medical passed: May 19

And now cic is requesting additional documents: IELTS & Proof of funds

I didn't upload T4 or NOA(weren't required for me) but I uploaded my paystubs and original contract of employment which showed my pay. And all these i uploaded even though they didn't ask for it. only letter of employment was required for me which also stated my pay.

Review of submitted documents We need an additional document from the applican
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
A final decision has been reached Not Started

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
omolomi said:
HI!

I didn't upload T4 or NOA(weren't required for me) but I uploaded my paystubs and original contract of employment which showed my pay. And all these i uploaded even though they didn't ask for it. only letter of employment was required for me which also stated my pay.

Review of submitted documents We need an additional document from the applican
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
A final decision has been reached Not Started
Your employment letter also your roles and duties?

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
dukhi said:
Your employment letter also your roles and duties?
Yes, My employment letter shows my roles and duties, and my original contract of employment refers to a schedule A which is a job description document
:'(

ARMANIZ

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to provide Noa and T4 in your case for sure. They want to see that you have earned money in Canada. You should be fine.

Reactions: Heaven123

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omolomi said:
My application was updated today saying that my medical was passed. But they are also asking for proof of funds and IELTS results
IELTS I can provide yes, but proof of funds?????? I thought that was only required for FSW

CIC Website says:You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

I am currently working on a post graduate work permit. So what is the problem?? And during the profile creation i put 0 dollars is the funds field which disqualified me for FSW

-Can someone one please help with this :-[
Did you say on both your EE and PR applications that you had zero funds? I guess your employment letter showed that your job is permanent, full-time, and nonseasonal? Then all you can do is upload your NoA and T4, and perhaps a letter explaining that your means of support is the job you are currently doing under your PGWP, in Canada.

I did notice a weird change on the EE website, which seems to indicate that PoF is required for FSW AND for EE generally, while it is still not listed under CEC requirements. But don't panic. People on open work permits of various kinds are using their open work permit salaries as proof they can support themselves in Canada, and I can't see why this wouldn't work.

Please keep us updated about what happens next.

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
dobes said:
Did you say on both your EE and PR applications that you had zero funds? I guess your employment letter showed that your job is permanent, full-time, and nonseasonal? Then all you can do is upload your NoA and T4, and perhaps a letter explaining that your means of support is the job you are currently doing under your PGWP, in Canada.

I did notice a weird change on the EE website, which seems to indicate that PoF is required for FSW AND for EE generally, while it is still not listed under CEC requirements. But don't panic. People on open work permits of various kinds are using their open work permit salaries as proof they can support themselves in Canada, and I can't see why this wouldn't work.

According to the CIC (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp)

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada i.e you must have valid LMIA / LMO (If you have this you will be on closed work permit and you will be bound to employer so employer going to pay you and you will be having pay stubs and NOA if you file your taxes )

AND

you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.( on valid LMIA / LMO / PGWP / BOWP currently they should work ) In this case you need to show NOA,Paystubs

So I feel for CEC funds are not applicable only if we provide (Offer letter [Explaining that your job is permanent secure with no of working hours per week along]+ pay stubs+ NOA).

While filing I mentioned I have 13,000 CAD and i got ITA for CEC but I only showed NOA + Paystubs + salary bank statement.

I got AOR on March 7th and still my application is pending.. Hope they wont ask me more documents as they requested CELPIP score on April 15th .

Hope my answer will help

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omolomi said:
HI!

I believe T4s are required for everyone who worked in Canada. We are going through CEC and our lawyer asked us for:
- bank statement (but said we don't need to have much as we have LMO and job offer, so just to show we have something on the bank account - and trust me, there was not much after the whole EE process lol)
- all pay stubs (only my husband's, whois primary applicant)
- t4s (from both of us)
- Notice of assessment (from both of us)

Sam05mar2013

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
YYC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
and either:

the employer making you the job offer must have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada OR
you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and
you are working for an employer listed on your work permit,
you are authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued, and
your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job if you are accepted as a permanent resident.
In other words, your job offer is valid, whether you are working in Canada or not, if your current or prospective employer:

has made an offer to give you a full-time, permanent, non-seasonal job if you are accepted as a permanent resident, and
has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from ESDC.
The only time the employer making you the offer does not need to get a new LMIA is when you are already working for them with a work permit that is based on an LMIA.

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
Thank you everyone for all your replies!

UPDATE:
So far, I got a letter from my bank to show proof of funds although they won't include the average balance for the past 6 months :-X So I will just attach my bank statements for the past six months. Is this wise? I will also attach NOA like some of you suggested even though i dont have up to 12000 in my account. :-[

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omolomi said:
Thank you everyone for all your replies!

UPDATE:
So far, I got a letter from my bank to show proof of funds although they won't include the average balance for the past 6 months :-X So I will just attach my bank statements for the past six months. Is this wise? I will also attach NOA like some of you suggested even though i dont have up to 12000 in my account. :-[
I have recently applied under CEC. Same situation as yours; PGWP with non-LMIA job. I had attached a letter from my bank with the current balance, as well as, six months bank statements stamped by the bank. Also my NOA and T4s for the past 2 years to show that I have been continuously supporting myself after studying.

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
dobes said:

I just got off the phone with CIC's call centre agents and they said I still need to show my financial information(e.g letter from bank, statement, t4 NOA etc) but that i won't be subject to the minimum fund cut-off since I am applying under CEC. :p Phew!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
It will be the funds you declared in your EE profile. What amount did you declare?