+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC has made an error in my Conditional Acceptance Letter - please help!!

Suziedylan

May 25, 2015
LoisW said:
Hi Kush,

Not sure if you got my response so I'll try again. I never heard anything back. I've just sent the below message of complaint today on the MyCIC page. I think it's shocking and money making the way they deal with these visa's!

"Hi All,
I was one of the lucky ones who applied through Kompass for the International Experience Canada and got a Conditional Letter of Acceptance. I proceeded to get all the required documents for the application through MyCIC. Unfortunately through my own fault I did not realise the date of the letter expires soo quickly and was observing the days left to submit on MyCIC account(which I might add is misleading when the letter expires soo quickly). By the time I got all the police clearance and other docs for the application and submitted I was advised that my application has been refused due to the letter being out of date. I am 35 and therefore this was my last chance to apply for this visa. I am saddened that a simple thing like a date on a letter means I miss out on this visa. Also that I have paid $150 for someone to look at a date on a letter and refuse straight away. How can you justify this fee? I think the system needs to be seriously looked at.
I would appreciate your feedback on this subject and also any help you can provide in relation to my visa.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks,"

I'll let you all know if I hear anything back!

Hey, Did you ever get a reply back to that email? I've just landed myself in the same situation!

jenniferd91

Jun 3, 2015
Hi, I've made the same mistake. I submitted my CAL an hour late and my boyfriends CAL 5 hours late. The expiry dates on our CAL's were the 21st and 22nd of May 2015. It started on the letter that they were to be submitted before this date however I miss read it and thought I could submit them on those dates. It has been two weeks since they were submitted and I'm starting to believe that I should withdraw the work permit applications and apply to stage one of the IEC again to get new CAL letters. There are still 1000 spots available in my quota. I'm in Ireland by the way. Anyone any advice of what I should do? I really cannot stay in this country another year to apply next year :eek:

Thank you
:)

ClintKwan

Jun 16, 2015
Suziedylan said:
Hey, Did you ever get a reply back to that email? I've just landed myself in the same situation!
Hi there, same thing has just happened to me! Sent in my CIC application 14 days after the CAL, but has been rejected at it took CIC 8 weeks to process!
Did you manage to get a new CAL processed or has it just been a repetition of it expiring again??

Looking to reapply for a new CAL, what a process!