+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Buffalo Returned Application Package (AINP)

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
they probably need to have "present" printed on the form itself in the topmost field, since they want all history to date.
they expect you to write present and they field does not accept letters. ridiculous.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
fyi, i entered the month and year (03/2009) at the time of application in that field.
they cashed my check, so it looks like they didn't have a problem with that.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I guess we all did it in different way... I provided a separate sheet of paper for the background / declaration form.. so I was able to write present...

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Me too.

Akk

ingegarcia said:
I guess we all did it in different way... I provided a separate sheet of paper for the background / declaration form.. so I was able to write present...

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nix1,
Sorry to hear about your package return. I am sure we all do our best not to make any mistakes. If we have doubts, we post them here and get clarification from Gurus. However, it is easier said than done in this current job market.

Good luck!
Taps

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
It really is frustrating to know that after anxiously waiting for the check to be encashed, you will just realize that your application has not not been accepted and returned.

I mailed my application on April 7, 2009 and CIC received it on April 9, 2009. Same as Nix, I also forgot to write the word PRESENT on the employment and address history, and because of such, CIC returned my application and I received it last April 21, 2009. I made an amendment to the form and attached a letter stating that it was an honest mistake. I resent my application last April 22, 2009 and hopefully, things will be OK now.

To Nix: Thanks for starting this thread. I definitely know how you feel right now. Let's just keep our faith intact and we'll surely get there. Goodluck to all of us!

A

Albertagoverner

jpadz said:
It really is frustrating to know that after anxiously waiting for the check to be encashed, you will just realize that your application has not not been accepted and returned.

I mailed my application on April 7, 2009 and CIC received it on April 9, 2009. Same as Nix, I also forgot to write the word PRESENT on the employment and address history, and because of such, CIC returned my application and I received it last April 21, 2009. I made an amendment to the form and attached a letter stating that it was an honest mistake. I resent my application last April 22, 2009 and hopefully, things will be OK now.

To Nix: Thanks for starting this thread. I definitely know how you feel right now. Let's just keep our faith intact and we'll surely get there. Goodluck to all of us!
There is a checklist in previous post regarding signature, date, present, expiration date etc. Please follow everybody before sending application packet.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent mine again yesterday and they received it today. I did not write any letter. I just made the correction and sent eveything as it came. When they sent my application back, the threw away all the paperclips and stapled the check and photo envelopes as the 'helpful hints' say to do. They also put my AINP letter at the very bottom of the pile. The reason I am mentioning this is that it might help others who are getting ready to send their applications.

As others have said above, the CIC people need to learn to create a better PDF forms. The freaking forms do not let us type text in those boxes and we have to do it later and it is easy to forget as you have other 1000s things to worry about. If it had accepted texts, I would have typed 'present' while filling out the form at the first place. I did not know I could have typed the current month and year as nomad did. If I remember correctly, the instruction sent by the AINP people with the nomination letter also asks to write 'present'. I also knew from other forum that I needed to write 'present' and I wrote on my forms, but forgot on the wife's forms. I hope they will not return it this time.

Thanks everybody and good luck to all of us. jpadz, please let me know when your check gets cashed. I will post mine too, if it really happens.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jpadz said:
I made an amendment to the form and attached a letter stating that it was an honest mistake.
When you said you made an amendment to the form, what exactly did you do? I assumed that your just filled out the missing info (i.e 'present' in two places), right? Did you print the rest of the pages of that form and update the signature and date too? I did not, because I was worried about forgetting something else again. That could be another reason for them to send the application back saying no current date (especially once you update the info). All of my forms were signed on April 4th. I should be more positive, but I am worried.

Lucho

Jan 20, 2009
Is everybody getting a reponse or file number from Buffalo in less than a month like nix1 and jpadz ? I sent my application on March the 23rd 2009 and I have not hear anything from them whether I have my application right or wrong?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I got response from Buffalo after 2 months...

http://www.trackitt.com/member/ingegarcia

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
Lucho,

I mailed my application on March 24, and I haven't received any confirmation. I don't expect to see anything for the next month or so.
If your check got cashed, the application passed the initial screen.