+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cic asking for IMM5604- form from non accounting parent. I am not in touch with ex husband

Its_me_angel

Nov 27, 2018
Hi,

I am writing from India. 31F. Have a 2.5 year daughter. Separated from husband. Husband remarried. And I am not in touch with him anymore. I have full custody rights of the child mentioned explicitly in the divorce decree and there are no other papers given by Indian courts. CIC is asking for IMM 5604- a form signed by ex husband saying he has no problem in my daughter moving out. . Divorces don’t go smooth. I don’t want him to know that we are thinking of going to Canada or anything. I am thinking of writing an explicit letter to CIC explaining the situation. Some guidance and advise would be appreciated.

RamyaCanada

Jun 23, 2020
Good to hear. God bless.
Do you know that if the court order mentions that I can take my daughter out of country for immigration, I don't need my ex signature?

Its_me_angel

Nov 27, 2018
Good to hear. God bless.
Do you know that if the court order mentions that I can take my daughter out of country for immigration, I don't need my ex signature?
My court order explicitly mentioned child custody to me and no objection to overseas settlement of child. I provided a translated copy of it. Still cic asked me for the form.

RamyaCanada

Jun 23, 2020
God that is hard. I am sure my ex would not sign . May be I should think about other countries for immigration. I think new Zealand does not ask for such forms as long as we have the custody paper from court not objecting for overseas travel. I am sure God will show a way to me.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hi
after a month of my reply, cic again raised the same request. I had no option but to go backto ex husband andthankfully he agreed.
I submitted the paper by Mid March 2020. Then corona has happened, so CIC hasn’t reverted.
In the "place" space, did you mention the country/city only or the whole non-accompanying parent address
Will it be a problem if the stamp of the notary public is not in English or French?