+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chip based Indian license rejected for experience

vkygdh

Oct 27, 2022
Hello folks, I appeared for G1 test at Scarborough DriveTest and they refused my Indian chip license and stamped Driver's extract claiming it doesn't have the required security features. This is very confusing and I would like to know if anyone has faced this issue and what are the options. I really require the full G due to the nature of my work.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello folks, I appeared for G1 test at Scarborough DriveTest and they refused my Indian chip license and stamped Driver's extract claiming it doesn't have the required security features. This is very confusing and I would like to know if anyone has faced this issue and what are the options. I really require the full G due to the nature of my work.
oh wow! That's new! How old is your license?

vkygdh

Oct 27, 2022
It's from 2019. It's pretty much the latest one. I wonder if going to other centre might help. The Drivertest staff are pretty unhelpful too in explaining what's wrong since I've noticed lot of people have no issues with this process.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
It's from 2019. It's pretty much the latest one. I wonder if going to other centre might help. The Drivertest staff are pretty unhelpful too in explaining what's wrong since I've noticed lot of people have no issues with this process.
Hopefully it is just them and not the license itself. I renewed my license last year so hopefully it should be good.

vkygdh

Oct 27, 2022
Hopefully it is just them and not the license itself. I renewed my license last year so hopefully it should be good.
I would be careful if I were you when you arrive. Depending on the province, avoid the big centers since they have the most overworked and disgruntled employees. Just a heads up.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

desinewb

Sep 1, 2023
I faced exact same problem today. It wasn't even a big test centre, its a small town and there's not many ppl. But still they refused to answer on this - they gave a single reply - Your license is not upto ministry standards. My brother, who's been living here for the past 10 years, he came with me again to ask the reason. They kept repeating the same, saying we can't accept it and our standards are private we can't disclose them. Did you face same issue at another centre? Or were you able to get it done elsewhere? If yes, which centre did you get it done?