+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chinese please come in!

klaustacy

Jan 7, 2014
I heard a saying that they process applications in country orders. Anyway, it would be great if you leave time line here. Thanks!

Submitted: Nov 3rd

still waiting...

bluelagoon019

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
klaustacy said:
I heard a saying that they process applications in country orders. Anyway, it would be great if you leave time line here. Thanks!

Submitted: Nov 3rd

still waiting...
Hi what kind of visa did you apply? did you apply for the Canadian visa on line for the person who lives in China?

bluelagoon019

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
sorry, klaustacy. my case is different. for myself, I'm working in Canada, so I applied the work visa based on my work permit. The application was processed in CPP-Ottawa within 1month.

Now I have to apply a visitor visa for my mom who lived in China as soon as possible, due to some urgent family issue.
Instead of asking my mom to submit the application in shanghai, I prefer to submit an application on line on behalf of my mom,
so I can manage it for her. In this case, I just don't understand where the application will be processed, in China? or in Ottawa?
Because the processing time for the online application of visitor visa, showed on CIC website, indicates the processing time in CPP-Ottawa.

klaustacy

Jan 7, 2014
Hi bluwagoon, I'm F1 visa holder studying in the US. And I submitted application online for myself. I applied visitor visa.

bluelagoon019 said:
Hi what kind of visa did you apply? did you apply for the Canadian visa on line for the person who lives in China?

klaustacy

Jan 7, 2014
All applications submitted online in the North America will be processed in Ottawa office I think. I would suggest you to submit it in person in Shanghai, because the processing time is way faster than online applications. I've waited almost three months till now...
bluelagoon019 said:
sorry, klaustacy. my case is different. for myself, I'm working in Canada, so I applied the work visa based on my work permit. The application was processed in CPP-Ottawa within 1month.

Now I have to apply a visitor visa for my mom who lived in China as soon as possible, due to some urgent family issue.
Instead of asking my mom to submit the application in shanghai, I prefer to submit an application on line on behalf of my mom,
so I can manage it for her. In this case, I just don't understand where the application will be processed, in China? or in Ottawa?
Because the processing time for the online application of visitor visa, showed on CIC website, indicates the processing time in CPP-Ottawa.

bluelagoon019

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
klaustacy said:
All applications submitted online in the North America will be processed in Ottawa office I think. I would suggest you to submit it in person in Shanghai, because the processing time is way faster than online applications. I've waited almost three months till now...
Thanks for your suggestion :)

bluelagoon019

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Hi klaustacy,
I'm sorry to hear that you've been waiting long time. Did you try to contact CIC to see what's the status of your visa application?
just check if it's received but not in processing or it's in processing.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
klaustacy said:
I would suggest your mother to submit it in the Visa Application Centre in Shanghai instead. They are more flexible and accept cash (rmb) payment.

klaustacy

Jan 7, 2014
Thanks blueagoon! I've sent them emails and received replies today. "Please note that your application is currently in process as per regulatory procedures. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization."

No helpful information. I'll just wait....
bluelagoon019 said:
Hi klaustacy,
I'm sorry to hear that you've been waiting long time. Did you try to contact CIC to see what's the status of your visa application?
just check if it's received but not in processing or it's in processing.