+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Sponsorship-do I need to submit Spouse PR Card copy

sushmet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
I am PR of Canada and presently working and my wife is also PR but in India now. I want to sponsor my daughter in family class and thus plan to submit my and my wife's PR card copies , (though my wife's PR card copy strictly not required) to prove that we are both PR which would help to make decision early. However though my wife's PR card is valid till Dec 2013, she has already spent more than 3 years outside Canada and thus theoretically has lost her PR status. We are aware of the procedure later at border, but I am wondering if Immigration office in new Delhi can revoke her PR while she is in India because she is not meeting 730 days residency requirement? Shall I not submit her PR card copy? (because if I don't submit I am scared the question of where is she and what her status might arise)?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your wife's PR card copy is not requested, then don't include it. If they don't ask then they don't care.

Nobody in India will come and take your wife's PR card away. When your wife enters Canada with her PR card, they may ask her if she meets the residency requirements. If she says no but she has mitigating circumstances like being forced to wait in India while you went to Canada to sponsor your child only because they would not issue your child a TRV, they should not give her any trouble. However, once in Canada, it is better that she wait to renew her PR card until she meets the residency requirements again.

As I assume that you tried for a TRV for the child and were denied, have you tried applying for a TRP? Sometimes they will give babies in this situation a TRP. If you get it, your wife and child could join you now instead of waiting.

sushmet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Leon,

Thank you very much for the reply. We did not apply for TRV as when we asked they told us that TRV would be denied. But we have the correspondence with the VISA officer to prove that point that we asked that point. We never applied for TRP as well as I read somewhere that its not guaranteed and thus we did not try it. Now my PR application is almost ready and I am trying to put in Mississauga. do you think I should apply for TRP before we put the application? If TRP gets denied will they create problem in PR? Please reply soon.

Appreciate your help and cooperation

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushmet said:
Now my PR application is almost ready and I am trying to put in Mississauga. do you think I should apply for TRP before we put the application? If TRP gets denied will they create problem in PR?
It is up to you if you apply for TRP or not. If it is denied, it will not create any problems with the PR.

tahaiqbal

Nov 25, 2011
Re: Child Sponsorship-case from pakistan

hi,

I applied's sponsorship case from Pakistan in april 2010, In june I received acknowledgement that the case will be processed within9 months. but the cic constantly increased the timeline for the applicants from pakistan which is now 26 months. I went to the MP in Alberta, showed him all the correspondence had with CHC ISB insisting them that the case of my daughter have to be completed withing 9 months frame bcz the timeline increased after that and should be applied on appllicants who filled it on that duration. But MP send me the email that he can not do anything as I have to wait till August 2012. I dont know how to cope up the situation, I am here alone any my whole family is in Pakistan as my wife cant leave my child to her parents no longer.

Can anybody give me any advise on that burning issue. How can I check the status through CAIPS recrod as the form is no longer available on website and how can i apply for visitors visa, from pakistan.

Thanks alot

taha

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Child Sponsorship-case from pakistan

Try to apply for a TRP for the child to come to Canada anyway. If refused, go to your MP again (I think your MP is just lazy by the way, of course they can make an inquiry into your case). You can also ask friends and relatives in Canada to talk to their MP's on your behalf.

If you still have no results, go to the media. Does your wife still meet the residency requirements for her PR? The long stay outside Canada could easily put her PR in jeopardy. That is the story you should tell the media + your suffering of being separated from your family for so long.

You can also mention that it is not normal that the processing time has increased so much for that visa office but I do not think you have a claim for 9 months processing time. I very much doubt that they promised you that you would be processed within 9 months. Maybe they told you the cases they had just finished at that time had been processed in 9 months but that doesn't give a promise that they processing time will stay that way.

tahaiqbal said:
hi,

I applied's sponsorship case from Pakistan in april 2010, In june I received acknowledgement that the case will be processed within9 months. but the cic constantly increased the timeline for the applicants from pakistan which is now 26 months. I went to the MP in Alberta, showed him all the correspondence had with CHC ISB insisting them that the case of my daughter have to be completed withing 9 months frame bcz the timeline increased after that and should be applied on appllicants who filled it on that duration. But MP send me the email that he can not do anything as I have to wait till August 2012. I dont know how to cope up the situation, I am here alone any my whole family is in Pakistan as my wife cant leave my child to her parents no longer.

Can anybody give me any advise on that burning issue. How can I check the status through CAIPS recrod as the form is no longer available on website and how can i apply for visitors visa, from pakistan.

Thanks alot

taha

tahaiqbal

Nov 25, 2011
I got a reply from my mp initially that the medical was not yet done in pakistan as it was expired when i conveyed him with proof that we have already sent the medical through the dcmp authorized by the cic, they again reverted that oh the islamabad embassy checked the reocrd and they have the medical of your daughter valid till 2012 august.

the officer will review the file shortly. i dont know how long the officer scrutinize the doc of two years old. I don't know what is right or what is wrong at this stage as there isn't enough I can do any thing but to wait i guess. any advise.........!