+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child custody issue /authorization-Spousal sponsorship with dependent

Edelly

Oct 22, 2018
Hello everyone, I need advice with the my situation.
My husband has applied to sponsor me and my son to Canada. I recently received a request for 3documts. Our passports, half photos and authorization from my baby dad or custody from a court showing sole responsibility.

My son is 5yrs old. We left the UK for Cameroon when he was 10months old. He was always sick so my sister took him to Canada and he has been ok since then. my baby dad has never been in his life had requested for a DNA showing that the child is his. My sister traveled to the uk to ask him for authorization to make decisions over him but he refused to sign the papers.He is married and does care. He will never sign especially if he learns I will travel.
What can I do to proceed?
Where can I file for custody?(country)
Can I proceed to submit my documents while putting on hold my son's application for PR as custody will take more that the 30days dateline.

Please I appreciate any advise

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello everyone, I need advice with the my situation.
My husband has applied to sponsor me and my son to Canada. I recently received a request for 3documts. Our passports, half photos and authorization from my baby dad or custody from a court showing sole responsibility.

My son is 5yrs old. We left the UK for Cameroon when he was 10months old. He was always sick so my sister took him to Canada and he has been ok since then. my baby dad has never been in his life had requested for a DNA showing that the child is his. My sister traveled to the uk to ask him for authorization to make decisions over him but he refused to sign the papers.He is married and does care. He will never sign especially if he learns I will travel.
What can I do to proceed?
Where can I file for custody?(country)
Can I proceed to submit my documents while putting on hold my son's application for PR as custody will take more that the 30days dateline.

Please I appreciate any advise
Is the child already legally in Canada, and if so, is IRCC aware of this?

Edelly

Oct 22, 2018
Thanks for your response Zardoc. Yes the child lives with my elder sister and mum in Canada. Yes cic is aware and his medical results were submitted from Canada. He is legal in Canada. UK citizens are usually allowed to visit Canada visa free for 3months before they can apply for an extension if they decide to stay longer. In his case he went with my mum who had six months and the immigrantion visa at the port of entry was kind to have stamped 6months. We could not extend it after the first 6months because his dad refused to sign so he traveled out of Canada to uk and that was renewed. During the following 6months, his my husband decided we get married and sponsor him so he status is pending this decision. He is legal in Canada and its known to CIC.

Last edited:

Edelly

Oct 22, 2018
Thanks for your response Zardoc. Yes the child lives with my elder sister and mum in Canada. Yes cic is aware and his medical results were submitted from Canada
I also want to let you understand that he could not come back to me during the application for PR process because he needs a visa to go to Cameroon but since his dad needed to sign, we were stuck. He has been in Canada for last 2yrs