4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
G.Ysabelle said:
Hi guys, for some clarification only. The above documents that I mentioned (pre-natal baby book, certification from obstetrician and pediatrician) are all additional and follow up requirements that was asked from me by the immigration officer who did the screening of my application before it was forwarded to Canada, aside that I submitted my daughter's original Birth Certificate. I believe they've asked me these to make sure of the smooth process of our application w/ no delay.
Thanks for the tip; we would not have thought to keep all that stuff. Governments should buy us extra suitcases to carry all the paper documents they call on us to provide.

forcavisa

Jul 3, 2011
To Toby/Leon/Steaky or who knows,

I have applied my baby's application (citizenship certificate) last September, i sent file to Sydney since Beijing Embassy told me processing time is faster if i send my file there. however, I called CIC today, they say that processing time is more than one year, could take even longer, does anyone know whats going on? I remember it showed like 8 month in CIC's website, now it shows 19 month.

Im Canadian Citizen and live in Toronto, Baby was born last June in China. I hope to bring baby back to Toronto as soon as possible, anyone can give me some suggestions? Per CIC's response, i have to wait even until 2013 to have the citizenship certificate and bring baby back to Canada? this is ridiculous.

Many Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

forcavisa said:
To Toby/Leon/Steaky or who knows,

I have applied my baby's application (citizenship certificate) last September, i sent file to Sydney since Beijing Embassy told me processing time is faster if i send my file there. however, I called CIC today, they say that processing time is more than one year, could take even longer, does anyone know whats going on? I remember it showed like 8 month in CIC's website, now it shows 19 month.

Im Canadian Citizen and live in Toronto, Baby was born last June in China. I hope to bring baby back to Toronto as soon as possible, anyone can give me some suggestions? Per CIC's response, i have to wait even until 2013 to have the citizenship certificate and bring baby back to Canada? this is ridiculous.

Many Thanks

1. No. Once you have applied for proof of citizenship, you can apply for a limited validity passport for the child if under 2 or if over you apply for a facilitation visa F-1. You need proof of imminent travel.

forcavisa

Jul 3, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

1. No. Once you have applied for proof of citizenship, you can apply for a limited validity passport for the child if under 2 or if over you apply for a facilitation visa F-1. You need proof of imminent travel.
Thanks PPM, just wondering, if we can get baby a visitor visa on her chinese passport?
another question, will baby be eligible to have OHIP when she comes to Toronto?
Appreciate your help

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forcavisa said:
Thanks PPM, just wondering, if we can get baby a visitor visa on her chinese passport?
another question, will baby be eligible to have OHIP when she comes to Toronto?
Appreciate your help
She can not get a TRV because she is a citizen. PMM told you the correct procedure. Talk to the embassy about getting her a temporary Canadian passport.

You will have to talk to OHIP about her eligibility. In Ontario, people who move from a different country just like people who move from another province are subjected to a 3 month waiting period before they are covered. If you have been outside Ontario for a while, you may have lost your own OHIP and may have to do a 3 month waiting period too. If that is the case, make sure that you have travel accident/emergency insurance for yourself and the child.

3ni

Mar 26, 2012
I am a Canadian national, who has been living and studying in the Netherlands for the past year. Now I am returning there in September to study a masters but my question is that I have a Dutch national fiance who is currently pregnant. I am looking into acquiring dual citizenship for my unborn child, but am struggling to find the right procedures to apply. In all honesty I do not see myself returning to Canada in the near future so I am not worrying about sponsoring my fiance or anything of that nature. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

3ni

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once the baby is born, just follow the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof-how.asp

3ni

Mar 26, 2012
I must wait until birth then. Nothing I can do prebirth to prepare or anything of that nature I assume? My fiance and I will not be married before the birth, do you think that will bring up any issues?

Thanks by the way for the quick response.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is possible that they want a DNA test to prove that you are the father. The only thing you can do now to prepare is read through all the forms and instructions and you could even start filling them out.

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
Hi everyone,

Im not sure if Im on the right forum to ask a question but here it goes.

We have just recieved my husbands COPR through. I am sponsoring him from the UK to return to Canada on the 18th May. We have a son who is 2 and on the sponsorship form I filled in all his details etc. On his COPR our son is not listed as a dependant. So now I am starting to worry we wont be able to land. I am waiting for the embassy to get back to me. I assumed NOah ( our son) would be sorted through the application like my husband paul. Is it because NOah is technically a canadian citizen because I am that he is not listed. Also, I am worrying about landing. I did not realise that I needed to send for a copy of certificate of citizenship for our son as i did think this was all taken care of within the sponsorship forms. I can send this application off in the next few days and im just asking for reassurance really that we will be ok landing. Obviously pauls been granted COPR, i have proof that I am a canadian and therefore NOah is a canaidian citizen and i will take a copy of the application for a certificate with me and he already has a british passport. All this combined will be enough for us to all land on the 18th May and not get turned away?

Thank you for listening to me ramble..hope that made sense!!

Lesley xx

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lesleyaddy said:
Hi everyone,

Im not sure if Im on the right forum to ask a question but here it goes.

We have just recieved my husbands COPR through. I am sponsoring him from the UK to return to Canada on the 18th May. We have a son who is 2 and on the sponsorship form I filled in all his details etc. On his COPR our son is not listed as a dependant. So now I am starting to worry we wont be able to land. I am waiting for the embassy to get back to me. I assumed NOah ( our son) would be sorted through the application like my husband paul. Is it because NOah is technically a canadian citizen because I am that he is not listed. Also, I am worrying about landing. I did not realise that I needed to send for a copy of certificate of citizenship for our son as i did think this was all taken care of within the sponsorship forms. I can send this application off in the next few days and im just asking for reassurance really that we will be ok landing. Obviously pauls been granted COPR, i have proof that I am a canadian and therefore NOah is a canaidian citizen and i will take a copy of the application for a certificate with me and he already has a british passport. All this combined will be enough for us to all land on the 18th May and not get turned away?

Thank you for listening to me ramble..hope that made sense!!

Lesley xx

You answered your own question, your son is a Canadian citizen and shouldn't have been included in the application. You need to apply for proof of citizenship for him and then you can either apply for a limited validity passport, if he is under 2 or you you can apply for a facilitation visa at London if he is over 2. You will need proof of imminent travel to received either the passport or the F1 visa. With a UK passport, he will probably be admitted, but your spouse better have proof that you have applied for Proof of citizenship, and if you will not be traveling with them your spouse will require a notarized letter that you have authorized your son to travel with your spouse.

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

You answered your own question, your son is a Canadian citizen and shouldn't have been included in the application. You need to apply for proof of citizenship for him and then you can either apply for a limited validity passport, if he is under 2 or you you can apply for a facilitation visa at London if he is over 2. You will need proof of imminent travel to received either the passport or the F1 visa. With a UK passport, he will probably be admitted, but your spouse better have proof that you have applied for Proof of citizenship, and if you will not be traveling with them your spouse will require a notarized letter that you have authorized your son to travel with your spouse.
HI there,

I'll be travelling with them :) Im planning on sending off the forms for certificate of citizenship by the end of the week after I have my birth certificate notarized so if I take this proof that we've applied for it and with pauls COPR and me being a canadain citizen do you think we'll be ok?

lesley xx

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

Hey PMM,

How would I apply for a facilitation visa??

Sorry to bother you xxx

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lesleyaddy said:
Hey PMM,

How would I apply for a facilitation visa??

Sorry to bother you xxx

You apply to London with the child's UK passport and proof of your applying for the proof of citizenship and proof of travel. You request an F1 visa. As there is no real form to request one a case specific email to London is probably in order.

PRS31604

Apr 6, 2012
Hi, read most of the posts and got a little mixed up about my status. I was born in the UK and immigrated with my British parents when i was 5. After about 20 years of living in Canada as a landed immigrant, i became a Naturalized Canadian Citizen. 20 years later I became a non resident in a British Overseas Territory and have lived offshore for the last 7 years. My partner is not Canadian. I understand the child will automatically be Canadian if born in Canada however:

1/ Will my child be a citizen if born offshore?
2/ If not will the child have to become resident of Canada to apply to become a citizen?
3/ If so is what is the length of residency required?
4/ Also is there an age limit to which the child will need to apply (ie by 18)

Thank You!