+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Child admissible" Custody Immigration Question?

steller

Mar 2, 2015
zardoz said:
You could just complete the form, regardless of how irrelevant it is... CIC are creatures of habit and it's sometimes pointless trying to explain to them...

It's like getting a final demand for a zero balance invoice. Just send a zero value cheque.
On CIC specific request for IMM5406 from a non-accompanying parent for a dependant child who was 19 years 10 months on the date of filing of the PR application, the non-accompanying parent refused to provide the document IMM5406. As per the rules applicable at the time of filing of the PR application, the child was a dependant but not a minor. Please advise how to respond to this tricky scenario. Thanks all

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Either you write a reply back stating that there must be some mistake because this form is for minors and your child is not legally a minor under your country law nor under Canadian law at the time you filed the immigration application OR you could just fill out the form like zardoz said OR you could actually do both.

If there is a problem getting the other parent to sign the form, I would do the first. If not, I would do both.

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Leon said:
Either you write a reply back stating that there must be some mistake because this form is for minors and your child is not legally a minor under your country law nor under Canadian law at the time you filed the immigration application OR you could just fill out the form like zardoz said OR you could actually do both.

If there is a problem getting the other parent to sign the form, I would do the first. If not, I would do both.
Thanks Leon for your advice. I will write to cic. I have another query - Is it possible to remove an accompanying family member from PR application during in-process.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steller said:
Thanks Leon for your advice. I will write to cic. I have another query - Is it possible to remove an accompanying family member from PR application during in-process.
You can remove a spouse if you have gotten divorced or a child that has reached the age of majority if there is a good reason. If it is your overage child that you are considering removing, keep in mind that as he or she is no longer a minor, you can not sponsor them later if they change their mind. Even if they aren't considering coming to Canada at this point, they should still get the PR and take another 3 years to think about it before they'd have a problem with the RO.

denscheri

May 2, 2014
I am a Filipina Live-in Caregiver. I have a love son with a Japanese man and we were never married nor he signed acknowledgement on my son's birth certificate. My son uses my surname on his birthcert. My question is, do I need to still provide legal custody from his dad. We have no means of communication ever since he was born and we are abandoned. I hope someone can give me an advice to this matter as i am preparing all my papers for PR application...If anyone has an idea, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Cheers

c_rebudan02@yahoo.com

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is his name on the birth certificate as the father? If it is, I am afraid you will have to show some means of yourself having full custody. Maybe you can ask a lawyer to draw up some paperwork stating that you have full custody and that your son's father did not acknowledge paternity and that you are not in any contact with him.