+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Check application status, help!

Triscut

Mar 19, 2015
Hi guys.
As I'm sure many do, I check the application status online constantly. (It's like a bad accident, can't help but look!)
Today for the first time it changed..
Under the PR status it went from IN PROGRESS to DECISION MADE.
Super exciting?! Well.. Even when I click that link there is no different information at all.
(We have logged in under both of our names to see if the info is different or only accessed by one, but no).
Neither my husband nor I have got emails or phone calls..
How the heck do we find out the decision?!
This is messing with my mind big time.
I am open to any or all suggestions!
Thanks.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
That's normal, it just takes a while to update what you see when you click the link. The only communication you will get is the COPR sent to your husband's address, no PPR since your husband is American. I guarantee it's good news :)

I should add there is a small chance they will ask for photocopies of his passport, but that's all.

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
Triscut said:
Hi guys.
As I'm sure many do, I check the application status online constantly. (It's like a bad accident, can't help but look!)
Today for the first time it changed..
Under the PR status it went from IN PROGRESS to DECISION MADE.
Super exciting?! Well.. Even when I click that link there is no different information at all.
(We have logged in under both of our names to see if the info is different or only accessed by one, but no).
Neither my husband nor I have got emails or phone calls..
How the heck do we find out the decision?!
This is messing with my mind big time.
I am open to any or all suggestions!
Thanks.

When did you apply and what date did you get SA?

Triscut

Mar 19, 2015
Thanks Aquakitty.

canadausa#11:
We applied August 21 2015.
I have a letter stating that I meet requirements for eligibility to sponsor, and that the case is forwarded to CPC Ottawa- but that status still says IN PROGRESS when I check online.
(Not entirely sure what SA is, guessing sponsorship approval)?

All other correspondence CIC has sent was PDF via email.. I figured if there was information they would have sent it the same way, so I'm hoping with all hope that it's the COPR in the mail..

Of course I have no luck when I call, I am diss one text because of the high call volume. I'd rather sit on hold for eight hours than be disconnected :|

This is cruel that they tell us there's a decision that we can't get information about!

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
The DM will be in your favour. You will not be rejected on eligibility without an interview, and on other matters they would request more information, for criminal matter etc.