+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cheap Vancouver educational institution that enables student visa&work permit

Milly888

Feb 9, 2013
Hey guys!

Does anyone know of an inexpensive educational institution in the Greater Vancouver area that enables a student visa and a work permit?

Do 6-month certificate courses work for a student visa/work permit? Does the program need to be full-time to qualify for a work permit?

And can I apply for a student visa while in Canada - I'm here as a visitor and am looking into different options as I'd like to stay here.

Thank you ;D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - a 6 months certificate won't allow you to work. If you want to work while attending school you need to take a full time program that's at least 8 months long.

Yes - the program needs to be full time to qualify for a work permit.

You need to apply for the study permit through your home country's visa office.

suyogya

Oct 12, 2014
hello ,

yes the program must be of 8 months or higher to qualify as a full time program and than you will be getting a work permit of 8 months after completing your studies and i am not sure whether you can apply for a student visa while you are on visitors visa.

Milly888

Feb 9, 2013
Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone know if I can apply for a student visa while in Canada? I mean, how do they know where I am applying from? It's an online application ... Do they check the IP address?

So ... anyone out there that know of a cheaper 1-year program in Vancouver area? The tuition for foreigners is so expensive :eek:

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
Milly888 said:
Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone know if I can apply for a student visa while in Canada? I mean, how do they know where I am applying from? It's an online application ... Do they check the IP address?

So ... anyone out there that know of a cheaper 1-year program in Vancouver area? The tuition for foreigners is so expensive :eek:
NO. You must apply for a study permit outside Canada, at the visa office serving your country of citizenship. That's what the official link below says. So it looks like you can't just remain here continuously. You must return to your country.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/study.asp

Roshni khan

Dec 9, 2014
can my father friend sponsor me for studies??

Dear All,
I am from Pakistan, i need to confirm whether my father friend sponsor me for studies by showing his bank statement and affidavit of support ? your prompt response shall be highly obliged

dufferdexter

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hisar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
04-2014 academic
Re: can my father friend sponsor me for studies??

Roshni khan said:
Dear All,
I am from Pakistan, i need to confirm whether my father friend sponsor me for studies by showing his bank statement and affidavit of support ? your prompt response shall be highly obliged
usually VO wants to see evidence of your sponsor's income for the past two years in his name - tax statements, bank records or anything he may have to verify his income..