Waived
Passport Req..
06/18/2013
VISA ISSUED...
07/15/2013
LANDED..........
23/07/2013
shamsia said:
Ok I have a question, and forgive me if I end up offending anyone by the end of this post. This is just tentative guesswork on my side.

So from my limited understanding of the concept of 'only Nikah and no Rukhsati', I believe that the bride's family insist on it (especially if the groom lives abroad), so that (Allah forbid), if kal ke dinn, something goes wrong, they could atleast get the girl married to someone else saying that it was only a Nikah case and nothing happened. Right? If this is the case (of course, other reasons are involved too), but this stance of the bride's side shows a 'lack of trust' in the groom. They are already making provisions for the future if the marriage does not work out.

Now if the two parties involved have room for doubting the other, then why would you expect CHC-ISB to accept the marriage as 100% genuine? To me, this makes sense when the VO sends out objection letters for cases like these.
Just my two cents...
good one

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Simple answer to your question is that a lot of families back home are still living according to old fashion and old traditions they don't know how much this world has modernized!

shamsia said:
Ok I have a question, and forgive me if I end up offending anyone by the end of this post. This is just tentative guesswork on my side.

So from my limited understanding of the concept of 'only Nikah and no Rukhsati', I believe that the bride's family insist on it (especially if the groom lives abroad), so that (Allah forbid), if kal ke dinn, something goes wrong, they could atleast get the girl married to someone else saying that it was only a Nikah case and nothing happened. Right? If this is the case (of course, other reasons are involved too), but this stance of the bride's side shows a 'lack of trust' in the groom. They are already making provisions for the future if the marriage does not work out.

Now if the two parties involved have room for doubting the other, then why would you expect CHC-ISB to accept the marriage as 100% genuine? To me, this makes sense when the VO sends out objection letters for cases like these.

Just my two cents...

adilmk123

Sep 13, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
8-8-11
Doc's Request.
Sent UK PCC voluntarily on 23-03-2012
File Transfer...
8-10-11
Med's Request
16-7-12
Med's Done....
23-7-12
Passport Req..
11-8-12
VISA ISSUED...
30-8-12
LANDED..........
Nov/Dec inshallah
wes786 said:
And how was the experience? Would you mind sharinga what type of documents you included with your application so others can benifit from that? :)
@Wes & Quite storm

ohh the experience was great!!! Well with my application i submitted my payslips, letter from my employer, my wifes PR card copy and my bank statements. thats all. Please don't add anything extra!!!

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
adilmk123 said:
@ Wes & Quite storm

ohh the experience was great!!! Well with my application i submitted my payslips, letter from my employer, my wifes PR card copy and my bank statements. thats all. Please don't add anything extra!!!
So what proof did you give them that you will come back?

Venture

Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 15, 2012
Hello,

Congrats to those, who have got their visas and wishing good luck to those, who are still awaiting to see their loved ones. Fingers crossed!!!

I would request you to kindly respond to my few questions please.

1. After filing of sponsorship papers, how much time generally it takes CPC Mississauga to respond?
2. Is CPC's first response either AOR or rather a notification that the case is approved (or rejected - God forbid) for processing by Islamabad High Commission?
3. Does the sponsore receive any letter or (specially) phone call to physically attend CPC's office for any matter or just to prove that sponsor is in Canada? The reason behind this question is that I may have to come back for a month (or little more than a month) to Pakistan any time and during which period, I dont want to my case to be spoiled just because of my travel to Pakistan.
4. How much time one should reasonably expect for sponsorship case to be finalized going forward, given big statments/hopes raised by Government of Canada that they have stong commitments towards families re-uniting in Canada on ASAP basis? Have you seen any pick-up in case finalization lately by High Commission Islamabad/CPC Mississauga?

Good luck to you friends!!!

Cheers.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
wes786 said:
Simple answer to your question is that a lot of families back home are still living according to old fashion and old traditions they don't know how much this world has modernized!
Wes, you are right. But it still doesnt answer the trust issue involved here.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Venture said:
Hello,

Congrats to those, who have got their visas and wishing good luck to those, who are still awaiting to see their loved ones. Fingers crossed!!!

I would request you to kindly respond to my few questions please.

1. After filing of sponsorship papers, how much time generally it takes CPC Mississauga to respond?
2. Is CPC's first response either AOR or rather a notification that the case is approved (or rejected - God forbid) for processing by Islamabad High Commission?
3. Does the sponsore receive any letter or (specially) phone call to physically attend CPC's office for any matter or just to prove that sponsor is in Canada? The reason behind this question is that I may have to come back for a month (or little more than a month) to Pakistan any time and during which period, I dont want to my case to be spoiled just because of my travel to Pakistan.
4. How much time one should reasonably expect for sponsorship case to be finalized going forward, given big statments/hopes raised by Government of Canada that they have stong commitments towards families re-uniting in Canada on ASAP basis? Have you seen any pick-up in case finalization lately by High Commission Islamabad/CPC Mississauga?

Good luck to you friends!!!

Cheers.

1) 66Days ( Currently working on files received up to July 15) - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
2) CPC-M will send you a letter whether the sponsorship is approved (and transfered to Islamabad for PR processing) or rejected(application returned with a letter explaining).
3) You must stay in Canada during the sponsorship approval process (66 days), because they could ask you for anything anytime during that and if you don't comply to their request they will send back the application. Once the file is transfered to Islamabad then you can leave.
4) Process times for Canadian Immigration and Citizenship process is consistantly increasing if you look at the CIC website. I applied for my wife's sponsorship in Jan2010; at that time the processing time was 9month and now it has increased to 24 months(to complete 80% of applications). My wife's process just got finished after 19 months.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
shamsia said:
Wes, you are right. But it still doesnt answer the trust issue involved here.
Yeah thats basically what I am trying to tell you, they don't trust the other family and say that until the whole process in completed they won't let the girl go. I don't know what else you are looking for an answer, thats why I said a lot of families are still living in the old world.

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
wes786 said:
1) 66Days ( Currently working on files received up to July 15) - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
2) CPC-M will send you a letter whether the sponsorship is approved (and transfered to Islamabad for PR processing) or rejected(application returned with a letter explaining).
Oh so they dont require missing documents..they simply reject.... i didnt inform CRA about change of my marital status... could this be a problem???

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
sabii said:
Oh so they dont require missing documents..they simply reject.... i didnt inform CRA about change of my marital status... could this be a problem???
They basically send the package back and explain it in the letter what needs to be done if its big, if its something minor, they just send the request letter.

You don't have to inform CRA righ now about your marital status, you can do that when you file your 2011 Taxes. That the first question they ask, "has your status changed in the past year?"

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
wes786 said:
Yeah thats basically what I am trying to tell you, they don't trust the other family and say that until the whole process in completed they won't let the girl go. I don't know what else you are looking for an answer, thats why I said a lot of families are still living in the old world.
No, it was just a rhetorical question. Irrespective of what family you belong to, CHC-Isb is not going to look at that. The trust issue remains the same, hence the VO looks at only nikah cases with suspicion.

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
wes786 said:
They basically send the package back and explain it in the letter what needs to be done if its big, if its something minor, they just send the request letter.

You don't have to inform CRA righ now about your marital status, you can do that when you file your 2011 Taxes. That the first question they ask, "has your status changed in the past year?"

Phewww... Thanks God....
thanx so much for the prompt reply Wes..

i.Solo

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At CHC they are supposed to act according to law. And according to CIC the marriage is valid whether there is rukahsti or not (As long as it's valid in that country). So ounce is on the CHC to prove that marriage is not genuine. Unless they provide a reasonable proof that why they think that marriage is not genuine they have no right to reject application.

They can be sued for this practice in future if they continue to send these kind of letter. As there is no provision in the law to reject marriage just base on their imagination. If they think that they want Rukshati they should amend immigration law. Until than we have every right to object this policy.

On the other side, girl's family is not forcing you to get married, if you think that it is okay to do just Nikkah ( and not rukasti). Than it is your choice. No one is forcing u to get into relationship. so their is no reason to object girl's family intention.(Take it or leave). Choice is yours.

So unless CHC change the CIC law they are doing something wrong. And we have paid for their services (NOT Free). And have every right to protest this. :-[

shamsia said:

Just my two cents...

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
i.Solo said:
At CHC they are supposed to act according to law. And according to CIC the marriage is valid whether there is rukahsti or not (As long as it's valid in that country). So ounce is on the CHC to prove that marriage is not genuine. Unless they provide a reasonable proof that why they think that marriage is not genuine they have no right to reject application.

They can be sued for this practice in future if they continue to send these kind of letter. As there is no provision in the law to reject marriage just base on their imagination. If they think that they want Rukshati they should amend immigration law. Until than we have every right to object this policy.

On the other side, girl's family is not forcing you to get married, if you think that it is okay to do just Nikkah ( and not rukasti). Than it is your choice. No one is forcing u to get into relationship. so their is no reason to object girl's family intention.(Take it or leave). Choice is yours.

So unless CHC change the CIC law they are doing something wrong. And we have paid for their services (NOT Free). And have every right to protest this. :-[
They are not just looking at marriages only, now they want the whole relationship history. From the time of first meeting till the day the application is filed. Nikkahnamma is just not enough support. As we have seen in the past, there were cases of marriage fraud where the person just married the other person for immigration purposes. Either it was arranged or the partner ditched the sponsor later after arrival in Canada or even the marriage doesn't work out scenario, they want to ensure that the relationship is stable and the contact is continuous.

sohailkhan

Sep 15, 2011
ONE 2 KA 4 said:
That is right bhai but on application it is riquired to choose YES NO on Reception (Valima) If you choose YES then further details need to provide;e.g date/event detail/no of attendees. Further they will cross check it with the provided pictures to see if Rukhsati & valima photos are attached. However if you choose NO as there is no Reception then they assume no Rukhsati being done and in detail they asked you to right future plan. Regradless you have spent time with your wife, we have a forum friend member "Became-A-Loner" here his friend performed Nikah base wedding and of course they stayed together and they have 1 baby also but after 1.5yr they received objection letter that marriage is not gennuine because no rukhsati (Reception/Valima) so his friend ended up visiting PK for rukhsati & valima even though they have a child.

Here is another thing you can do. Peform Nikah and live with your wife take lots of pictures submitt your application with writing future plan detail on Reception field that it is planed to be performed on xxx after 8 month date) and about 8 months after visit PK again and perform Rukhsati/Valima and send the proof of that so by the time after 10-11 months when they open your file for processing they will have evey thing on file. Choice is yours but this is the least option.
i am confused abt one issue also.they say that we have to show them how we met.My engagement was done 3-4 years back to my first cousin. We didnt have any function, only our parents decided it. Now how am I suppose to tell them How we met?