+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

Chaand

Nov 9, 2011
Hi Beautiful People - I thought I would share something exciting that is related to family sponsorship but not spouses however I feel this is a positive sign and effort. Where all categories are moving as slow as snail it will be good to see some improvement. This is a good sign people.

News Release – Government of Canada to cut backlog and wait times for family reunification – Phase I of Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification
Ottawa, November 4, 2011 — The Government of Canada is taking immediate action to cut the backlog and wait times for sponsored parents and grandparents, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.
Currently, more than 165,000 parents and grandparents who have applied to become permanent residents of Canada are still waiting for a final decision. Each year, Citizenship and Immigration Canada ( CIC ) receives applications for sponsorship of nearly 38,000 parents and grandparents, a number that will only continue to expand if no action is taken.
“Wait times for Family Class sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents now exceed seven years, and without taking action, those times will continue to grow, and that is unacceptable,” said Minister Kenney. “Action must be taken to cut the backlog, reduce the wait times, and ensure that the parents and grandparents program is sustainable over the long run.”
To deal with the large backlog and lengthy wait times, Citizenship and Immigration Canada ( CIC ) is announcing Phase I of the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification.
First – The Government of Canada will increase by over 60 percent the number of sponsored parents and grandparents Canada will admit next year, from nearly 15,500 in 2010 to 25,000 in 2012 – the highest level in nearly two decades.
Second – The government is introducing the new “Parent and Grandparent Super Visa,” which will be valid for up to 10 years. The multiple-entry visa will allow an applicant to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without the need for renewal of their status. The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa will come into effect on December 1, 2011, and CIC will be able to issue the visas, on average, within eight weeks of the application. This means that instead of waiting for eight years, a parent or a grandparent can come to Canada within eight weeks. Parent and Grandparent Super Visa applicants will be required to obtain private Canadian health-care insurance for their stay in Canada.
Third – The government will consult Canadians on how to redesign the parents and grandparents program to ensure that it is sustainable in the future. The redesigned program must avoid future large backlogs and be sensitive to fiscal constraints.
Fourth – To prevent the build-up of an unmanageable number of new applications during these consultations and to further reduce the 165,000-strong backlog of parent and grandparent applicants, CIC is putting in place a temporary pause of up to 24 months on the acceptance of new sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents. The pause comes into effect on November 5, 2011.
“The Government of Canada is fully committed to helping families reunite,” said Minister Kenney. “We recognize that what parents and grandparents want most is to be able to spend time with their families.”
“If we do not take real action now, the large and growing backlog in the parents and grandparents program will lead to completely unmanageable wait times. Through this balanced series of measures, we will be able to dramatically reduce the backlog and wait times, while the new Parent and Grandparent Super Visa will allow more family members to pay extended visits to their loved ones,” added the Minister. “We anticipate that in about two years, following our consultations, Phase II of our Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification will come into effect, ensuring that future applicants are processed quickly and that the program can operate on an efficient and sustainable basis.”
For additional information on Phase I of CIC ’s Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification, see the attached backgrounder.
A photograph of Minister Kenney will be available later today at
Follow us on Twitter at a.
For further information (media only), please contact:
Candice Malcolm
Minister's Office
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CIC Media Relations
Communications Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
613-952-1650

Building a stronger Canada: Citizenship and Immigration Canada ( CIC ) strengthens Canada’s economic, social and cultural prosperity, helping ensure Canadian safety and security while managing one of the largest and most generous immigration programs in the world.

Cheers !!!

depression

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
inshALLAH BEFORE THE END OF 2012.
thanks all of u esp wes bhai, danny bhai, sawera sis, hum pak watan k log , Qd n pardon whom i miss to mention here...........really its so cheerful buttercup yummy feeling :) im rea;lly really MASHALLAHlucky enuff to sharing my happiness with u guys n by the way i must mention here this is nikkah only case my rukhsati will b celebrate in canda ( calgary) whn i land......plz remember me in ur prayers, soon u guys too hear sumethin really fruitful news !!!

mainbucha

Aug 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
Doc's Request.
February 2012
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
is depression january 2011 AOR ?

sawera said:
No bhai me not so lucky lyk depression ..............soon inshallaha i'll b updating.

depression

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
truefriend said:
gr8 news, congratulations for a quick response from CHC-I, I hope you might end up with visa before many cases from 2010, best of luck.
I guess, you are the first spouse case from 2011, who got the good news. By the way did you send them some letter or reason to expedite your processing?
Thank you........ no !!! i jus updated them in oct with my chat transcripts , call logs, telephonic bills, credit card bills gifts reccepits. and thts it. i once emailed in june 2011 to got my so called aor or u can say my file no ..............since thn i jus kept quite n yes above all i prayed alott for me n all my brothers n sisters .BELIEVE IN GOD HE WILL SMOOTHLY TAKE YOU OUT from UR WORRIES.

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depression before u posted tht u r june '2011 Aor will u plz proof us..........still cant believe.

depression

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
sawera said:
Depression before u posted tht u r june '2011 Aor will u plz proof us..........still cant believe.
yes i applied in jan 25 2011 n my file transfer in march 17 2011, thn i emailed in 2011 june to get my file no , or u can say aor (which they didnt sent by theirselves) so in response of tht emailed i got my file no thts it.

depression

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
sawera said:
yah tht wht she say's but before she said June '2011 AOR........it cannot be possible.
sis ...im not getting u wht u r trying to say plz elaborate.....thanks.

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
depression said:
sis ...im not getting u wht u r trying to say plz elaborate.....thanks.
Yaar i'm having depression now ,i'll be back to u.

truefriend

Star Member
Aug 30, 2011
sawera said:
Yaar i'm having depression now ,i'll be back to u.
May Allah help Deopression, to get his file processed quick and she get the visa soon, InshaAllah. May Allah make it easy for all of us to get out of this depression too.

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
QD said:
Hi Danny 4450, hope your trip was good. InshAllah you will get good news too. I'm very hopeful. Take care
Thank you :)

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
depression said:
yes i applied in jan 25 2011 n my file transfer in march 17 2011, thn i emailed in 2011 june to get my file no , or u can say aor (which they didnt sent by theirselves) so in response of tht emailed i got my file no thts it.
So technically you are March 2011 AOR and not June 2011 AOR. Also, yours is Nikkah only case ?? Lets hope everything goes really smooth for you as they didn't object on only Nikkah yet :)

Rahi_Atray

Sep 13, 2011
Hi All

I just want to share my experience:

1. Applied in Aug 2010 (AOR october, 2010)
2. It is Nikkah only case
3. My wife got the re-medical without any objection this month

do you have any idea how long it takes to get visa once re-med is done.

Thanks
Rahi

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Rahi_Atray said:
Hi All

I just want to share my experience:

1. Applied in Aug 2010 (AOR october, 2010)
2. It is Nikkah only case
3. My wife got the re-medical without any objection this month

do you have any idea how long it takes to get visa once re-med is done.

Thanks
Rahi
MashaAllah that's good news that your wife got the Re-med without any objection. You are looking at 2-3 months from now for the Visa.