+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

tanziatif

Star Member
Dec 12, 2010
tanziatif said:
Hello wes786,i am a frequent visitor on this forum, and i find ur posts and replies really informative and helpful. I have a question, would appreciate if u answer. First my timeline : aor in july 2010 , islo started processing my case from june 24, repcc and remed in july 2011, sent passport on 15th oct , 2011, and was also asked to pay the PR fees, my husband paid the fees on 16th oct, since then i m waiting for my pp. any idea how long they gna take?

Thanks
Can anyone pls address my concern as well? My husband has already mailed and faxed the receipt, besides the delay due to pr fees, are der other reasons y my pp is not back yet? My ecas status is still in process...

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
ftpr said:
i got a reply from CHC-ISB as:

Dear Client,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is currently in process and is in queue for review by an immigration officer. Applicant's file is currently in queue for background checks initiation.

plz tell wat does it means exactly by background checks initiation

They are doing a second background check on your application after the Re-medical as they are doing it with all the husband cases lately. Don't worry, you will get your PPR once the background check is complete which would take a minimum of 45 days.

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tanziatif said:
Can anyone pls address my concern as well? My husband has already mailed and faxed the receipt, besides the delay due to pr fees, are der other reasons y my pp is not back yet? My ecas status is still in process...
Most likely it is the PR fees that cause this delay in your case. It is advised to pay those fees along with the application fees earlier on to avoid delay. You can check the google Doc link in my signatures to see how long it took most people to get the passport back. Your delay is not unusual so dont worry about it. You will get your passport back soon in sha Allah.

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
tanziatif said:
Hi Tanziatif,

The only reason for the delay is the PR fee. Not sure how long you have been following the forum but I have always told people to pay the PR fee when submitting the application. Don't worry you will get your PPR once they get the confirmation on the PR fee. I don't think there is any other reason for the delay beside the PR fee.

maham noor

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26th aug 2010
Doc's Request.
10th dec 2011
File Transfer...
7th oct 2010
Med's Request
8th march 2012
Med's Done....
12th march 2012
Passport Req..
8th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30th june 2012
LANDED..........
17th july 2012 inshallah
for all of you who want to change the address....
i mailed throught tcs a signed letter mentioning my name date of birth file number old address new address n the details of my sponsor as well and it got changed on ecas as well after almost 1.5 months

maham noor

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26th aug 2010
Doc's Request.
10th dec 2011
File Transfer...
7th oct 2010
Med's Request
8th march 2012
Med's Done....
12th march 2012
Passport Req..
8th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30th june 2012
LANDED..........
17th july 2012 inshallah
humpakwatankaylog said:
Yes it means your initial review is done now. :) You should now order CAIPS/GCMS notes to see:
  • what they said about your relationship being bona fide ?
  • Are they satisfied with proofs provided or do they have any concerns in the notes ?
  • And what's the next DUE date or Bring Forward date?
  • Have they requested for anything

And next is probably request for re-medical, rePCC and reIMM forms.
thans dear n can u pls tell me hw to order caips...
this is first time for me to order them....

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
maham noor said:
for all of you who want to change the address....
i mailed throught tcs a signed letter mentioning my name date of birth file number old address new address n the details of my sponsor as well and it got changed on ecas as well after almost 1.5 months
It takes them about 4-5 week to open the mail and then update the address, so 6 week is average. People should make sure that they fulfill all the requirements in the letter of address change to get it updated (signature is mandatory), otherwise they won't update your address.

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
maham noor said:
thans dear n can u pls tell me hw to order caips...
this is first time for me to order them....
Here is how you can order them:

Here is what Wes786 posted a few times on this forum, just follow the instructions:

How Do I Get My CAIPS File?

Getting your file is fairly straight forward, but you will have to pay $ 5 if you are requesting CAIPS notes for your spouse, and they are not residing in Canada. Follow the instructions below:

Have your spouse fill out this form, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf Step by step instructions follow below:

Tick the box that says "I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada... ... to release information from my case file to the following individual."

Then have your spouse fill out all of his particulars (his/her name, DOB, location of VISA Processing centre, i.e. Islamabad, etc.)

Then fill out your personal information under the headings titled "Designated Individual."

Have your spouse sign AND date the form at the bottom (alternatively, you could sign for your spouse; I dont think they will notice).

OR, if you have already filled out this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.PDF
then just send a photocopy of it along with 2. and 3..

You must now fill out this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf Step by step instructions follow below:

Leave the first two boxes at the top blank (Requesters Reference No. and Public Rights Administration file number). This is to be filled by the officer processing your request.

Tick the box that says "Access to Information Act ($ 5.00 fee)." Yes, you HAVE to pay $ 5, there is no way around this. Do not tick "Privacy Act" and hope they will just process it without you having to pay $ 5; this will NOT work. You must pay $ 5 since you are requesting the info on behalf of your spouse, and your spouse is not residing in Canada.

Select which language you wish to receive your notes in, English or French. (I do not know why these choices are under the "Privacy Act" sub-heading. I am assuming the choice of language is also afforded to those who are requesting their notes under the access to "Information Act," and this is just poor design. But I may be wrong (In that case, it wont make a difference).

Then tick the box which says "Receive copies of the Records."

Fill out your spouse's information under the "Client Information" box.

Under the next heading, "Request for- Required Information" box, tick the "CAIPS (information abroad)" box and write "Canadian High Commission (ISLAMABAD)" under the "Embassy" sub-heading, and write the "Visa File No." in the appropriate box. DO NOT check any other boxes in this section. Especially the "OVERSEAS VISA FILE" box. If you do this, they will pull your file aside, photocopy everything and send it to you. It will not only take you forever to get the information, but they will also take your file out of the queue to process your request and therefore it will take LONGER !!! (CAIPS is just a computer printout of all the work done on your file so far. It will not affect the speed at which your case is processed)

In the next heading, tick the box which says "This request is being made by a Canadian Citizen..." Fill out all of your information in this box, name, phone number, address, etc.

Sign and date.

Make out a cheque payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" for $ 5.

Enclose the cheque in an envelope with the other forms, and send it to the address below:

Public Rights Administration
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th floor
Ottawa, ON
K1A 1L1

maham noor

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26th aug 2010
Doc's Request.
10th dec 2011
File Transfer...
7th oct 2010
Med's Request
8th march 2012
Med's Done....
12th march 2012
Passport Req..
8th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30th june 2012
LANDED..........
17th july 2012 inshallah
thanks danny 4450
another question once i fill out these forms n sign them should i send thm to my husband in canada via fax or mail????

ftpr

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humpakwatankaylog said:
I think it means your initial review is done and your file has just started with the background checks. Maybe the officer asked for background checks to be done and added the note and so it was JUST forwarded to those authorities recently.

Next is just wait for PPR in a 1-3 months in sha Allah.
thanx for ur help,my medical ws done in june n i sent following document along with my re-pcc n imm forms in may but they asked following form in august , may b initially i sent dat form was old version n they want new one, so i think delay wich i m facing now is due to this form , cuz i heard if they ask anything it will take 2 to 3 months more to put provided info into same queue is it correct?

www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/assets/pdfs/pakistaninationals-form-en.pdf

ftpr

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Danny4450 said:
They are doing a second background check on your application after the Re-medical as they are doing it with all the husband cases lately. Don't worry, you will get your PPR once the background check is complete which would take a minimum of 45 days.
thanx , so wat u say , sud i send another enquiry after 2 or 3 weeks regarding current status. n backgroung checks sud perform quickly as they already done in intial review checks, any how after remedical ,as u said :p background checks r being wasting our time how long it take as i m already waiting for more den 5 months after remadical

depression

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
inshALLAH BEFORE THE END OF 2012.
dear sisters n brothers there is in update frm my end,
ALHAMDOLLIAAH..............i recievd my re pcc + supplementry forms request today !!!

ftpr

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
depression said:
ALHAMDOLLIAAH..............i recievd my re pcc + supplementry forms request today !!!
congrattssss .......... your next step starts n be ready for ur re- medical as well within 2, to 3 weeks

Imtihaan

Jan 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Dec 2010
Med's Request
Feb 25th, 2012
Med's Done....
March 5th, 2012
Passport Req..
Today Alhumdulillah June 19th, Ecas In Process on June 16th
VISA ISSUED...
June 30th Saturday
LANDED..........
July 3rd and July 4th
depression said:
Depression dear,

whats your timeline?

Thanx

depression

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
inshALLAH BEFORE THE END OF 2012.