App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
Doc's Request.
15-09-2014
File Transfer...
30-09-2014
Just got a reply after 2 weeks that

Dear Client,

In response to your email, please be informed that this application is in queue for an initial review by an immigration officer.

If any further information is required you will be contacted. In the meantime, please wait patiently while the application is processed.

Regards,
Immigration Section

What does it mean the initial review is not even done ..... how much longer :( :( :( :-X

J_T

Oct 11, 2011
Danny4450 said:
I don't know how much more time it will take them to finish your background check. Not sure when they started it either. Usually background check takes anywhere from 45 days to 6 months depending on the history of applicant. As I said, they are dragging it on purpose. Who knows if they even do the 2nd background check or just put the file away in a 6 month wait queue.
Yes, I know what you mean. The funny thing is my husband has never travelled outside Pakistan, there is nothing adverse about his history, so I don't know what on earth is the background check is checking for. It's just brutal what they are doing to us.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Danny4450 said:
I say lets go on a hunger strike right infront of CIC office. We can get the attention of media easily. If we can have atleast 25 people for this bravery act, I am sure there will be a lot of pressure on ignorant Harper and his jokers. If anyone wants to organize or participate in this hunger strike, please feel free to message me. I am sick and tired of them telling us to be patient. Enough is Enough.
Even if you got some TV time locally, the government will find it easy to ignore you, there are bigger issues in Canada at this time.

Sad but true.

B

bestplace4u

lol danny was it really u who posted all that red thingy here?
and now its gone hehe

R

raptorsfan

Baloo said:
Even if you got some TV time locally, the government will find it easy to ignore you, there are bigger issues in Canada at this time.

Sad but true.
No...I disagree with u...Canada is a boring country...Pakistan is more exciting...In Canada, even if a raccoon is shot, it makes headline news. Hunger Strike will be hugeeee and could affect Harper govt in the next election. I would say lets pull up an Anna Hazaray in front of CIC office. I m down with it.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raptorsfan said:
No...I disagree with u...Canada is a boring country...Pakistan is more exciting...In Canada, even if a raccoon is shot, it makes headline news. Hunger Strike will be hugeeee and could affect Harper govt in the next election. I would say lets pull up an Anna Hazaray in front of CIC office. I m down with it.
I think you need to look at Canadian life and politics in more detail.
I live in Ottawa, the government won't respond, they are busy elsewhere.

Please feel free to try though.

R

raptorsfan

Baloo said:

Is Canadian life Paying Taxes all your life? And then Paying even more to the govt with our savings in the name of "RRSP"? Is Canadian life high divorce rates? Is Canadian life stress at home because your kids won't behave properly since they have all the freedom after they turn 18? I have been living here long enough so I know how the Canadian life is. I have seen enough in this country. This country was good until it came into Harper's hands. Layton was a ray of light but Harper bought his way into parliment. As far as politics of this country is concerned, yeah I know Harper has a lot on his plate such as buying fighter jets with the taxpayers money and a lot more. While he makes the citizens of this country suffer and they can't reunite with their spouses for over 2 years. This is violation of Human Rights.

If you live in Ottawa, does it mean you know the whole parliment and you know more than anyone else. Does Harper come to your house for House parties? We are looking for a response from CIC. I don't think you are in the same situation as we are. Your file in not in CHC-ISB office. That is why you like the government and Harper.

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
Baloo said:

You meant to say that the Government will ignore us on purpose.. right? So looking from a third person's perspective, do you think its ridiculous to have a 15 months wait for initial review of an application? Would we get your sympathy if you were to see it as a common person?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raptorsfan said:
Is Canadian life Paying Taxes all your life? And then Paying even more to the govt with our savings in the name of "RRSP"? Is Canadian life high divorce rates? Is Canadian life stress at home because your kids won't behave properly since they have all the freedom after they turn 18? I have been living here long enough so I know how the Canadian life is. I have seen enough in this country. This country was good until it came into Harper's hands. Layton was a ray of light but Harper bought his way into parliment. As far as politics of this country is concerned, yeah I know Harper has a lot on his plate such as buying fighter jets with the taxpayers money and a lot more. While he makes the citizens of this country suffer and they can't reunite with their spouses for over 2 years. This is violation of Human Rights.

If you live in Ottawa, does it mean you know the whole parliment and you know more than anyone else. Does Harper come to your house for House parties? We are looking for a response from CIC. I don't think you are in the same situation as we are. Your file in not in CHC-ISB office. That is why you like the government and Harper.

Obviously you do not know me and you have no idea about my feelings about the government, or my view of politics.
Your opinions seem to force you into making far to many assumptions.

Like I said, feel free to go and protest.

ftpr

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
J_T said:
FTPR,

I am July 2010 AOR, my husband had remedical done in July 201, it has been 6 months but no PPR., Everytime we send them an email, we get a reply saying that they are doing background checks. It's very frustration, and I don't know what to do any more. I have done everything, from mailing them to contacting the MP. Nothing works!
same like mine, ur case is straight or have some complexity v r on same boat pray for me n ill do for u

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bestplace4u said:
lol danny was it really u who posted all that red thingy here?
and now its gone hehe
Not sure who deleted my post but if they think by doing that they can stop us then they are wrong. I ll keep posting it till I get more people for it.

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
raptorsfan said:

You are being too harsh on Baloo. He is a nice guy. He was just giving his opinion, nothing wrong with it.

kachrakhana

Dec 21, 2010
Saint John
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muzmil said:
Do you guys think we should contact some Newspaper or some TV channel ?
I think we should raise our voice regarding this issue on TV ,Newspaper ,MP's etc etc rather than siting at home on Canadavisa.com

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Danny4450 said:
You meant to say that the Government will ignore us on purpose.. right? So looking from a third person's perspective, do you think its ridiculous to have a 15 months wait for initial review of an application? Would we get your sympathy if you were to see it as a common person?
Yes, I did say that the government will ignore you on purpose.
I did not say it was right.
Processing should be faster, the current process is not good at all.
Faster processing is possible, there are many ways to achieve this, but in this economic climate - changes for the better are unlikely.
The reality is that processing times are likely to get worse, because the government is cutting jobs big time.
The current discussion is the likelihood of 10%-20% cuts in federal jobs.

My post was not about sympathy, in this forum the majority of people know the pain.
My post was about the harsh reality that faces so many immigrants.
Just because the truth is not nice, there is no reason to keep silent.

So, as I said, please protest, but expect that the government will be very likely to ignore it.