+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

J

jani99

ONE 2 KA 4 said:
Aur mera kya ho ga. Jis ki file interview mey hy ???
ONE 2 KA 4, I need to talk to you. I read your letter which you wrote back in September. I have also sent an email to CHC-Islamabad saying that if things do not get done on time then I will report it to the prime minister office...

We should get media attention from new channels, Global, city and cbc...

saroo

Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 2009
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 2009
Med's Request
REMEDICAL REQUEST SEPT 2010
Med's Done....
REMEDICAL DONE SEPT 2010
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
feb 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
PASSPORT BACK WITH VISA MARCH 17
LANDED..........
april 1, 2011
I spoke to MP'S office yesterday and the lady who handles my case, told me it will take 16 months to everyone, regardless it's a new file or a old one. It doesn't matter. She wrote embassy a letter yesterday on my behalf now let see what they say. The last time she contacted the embassy was before Christmas and now yesterday she wrote them again. I am hoping for a good news. Other then that God only knows what will happen.

sidney

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/09/2009
Doc's Request.
25/10/2010
AOR Received.
05/11/2009
File Transfer...
13/10/2009
Med's Request
02/11/2010
Med's Done....
14/11/2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/04/2011
jani99 said:
ONE 2 KA 4, I need to talk to you. I read your letter which you wrote back in September. I have also sent an email to CHC-Islamabad saying that if things do not get done on time then I will report it to the prime minister office...

what did u exactly write to chc ? can u share if u don't mind?

saroo

Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 2009
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 2009
Med's Request
Med's Done....
REMEDICAL DONE SEPT 2010
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
feb 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
april 1, 2011
[quote author=jani99 linwk=topic=28775.msg559826#msg559826 date=1294860729]

[/quote]

Jani99,

It doesn't really matter who you write to, they will not budge. As a matter of fact they will get irritated if you threaten them about writing to the Prime minister's office. They don't like people like that, my lawyer told me that. You can write to them on your behalf that's not a problem at all but when you tell them you are going to get the Prime minister's office involved they simply get mad. Any way that's just the sugesstion.

J

jani99

An interesting website to visit, sponsoryourparents.org.

To grab media attention, start sending letters or emails to the following addresses:

List of contacts

* Globe and Mail - Letters@GlobeAndMail.ca
* National Post - letters@nationalpost.com
* Toronto Star - lettertoed@thestar.ca
* Toronto Sun - editor@tor.sunpub.com
* Metro Toronto - letters@metronews.ca
* Vancouver Sun - sunletters@png.canwest.com
* The Province - provletters@png.canwest.com
* Ottawa Citizen - letters@thecitizen.canwest.com
* Ottawa Sun - oped@ott.sunpub.com
* Calgary Herald - letters@theherald.canwest.com
* The Calgary Sun - callet@calgarysun.com
* Edmonton Journal - letters@thejournal.canwest.com
* The Edmonton Sun - letters@edmsun.com

We need to involve media in this issue, otherwise we will be waiting forever...

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with Saroo. They dont really care. Looked at yesterday news how they behave with the couple and how much husband sufferd. Spoke person for CIC said that it is a normal cause to happen when they are processing thousands applications. Not even a sorry to the couple. Read more at

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/couple-survives-immigration-ordeal-20110110-162415-799.html

IMO. The best way to land in Canada for some one is to avoid the routine application process and instead take a boat/ship and land in Canadian water at BC coast ;D.

No medical - No background - No paper work ;) they will come to you and will do the needfull on your behalf. You are the KING.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Mr. xxxxxxx:

This is in response to your email of August 19, 2010, addressed to the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning the flood in Pakistan and family sponsorship application timelines. I apologize for the delay in replying.

I appreciate the Pakistani community’s concerns about their families’ safety and well being in Pakistan. I would like to assure you that Citizenship and Immigration Canada is aware of the unfolding crisis, and is monitoring the situation carefully. There is regular communication and daily reports sent to our National Headquarters by our mission’s manager. Our visa office in Islamabad is open and operating normally.

With regard to expedited processing of Family Class applications, I would like to explain that our visa officers have sufficient discretion under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to respond in a flexible and humane manner to emergency situations. It is the client’s responsibility, however, to demonstrate to the visa officials, with proper documentation, that they have been personally and directly affected by the situation. Where required, an interview may also be held. A decision is made after consideration of all factors.

If you or members of your community are in contact with family members in Pakistan who are directly affected by the flooding, you may wish to encourage them to contact the visa office, explain how they are personally affected by the flooding, and request expedited processing. I can assure you that visa officials will extend every consideration to their circumstances.

Thank you for taking the time to write and express your concern. I trust that the information provided is of assistance.

N. Vizcaino

Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for response.

marya238

Dec 9, 2010
Georgetown
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2009
AOR Received.
12-11-2009
File Transfer...
07-12-2009
Med's Request
27-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-12-2010
ONE 2 KA 4 said:
Dear Mr. xxxxxxx:

This is in response to your email of August 19, 2010, addressed to the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning the flood in Pakistan and family sponsorship application timelines. I apologize for the delay in replying.

I appreciate the Pakistani community's concerns about their families' safety and well being in Pakistan. I would like to assure you that Citizenship and Immigration Canada is aware of the unfolding crisis, and is monitoring the situation carefully. There is regular communication and daily reports sent to our National Headquarters by our mission's manager. Our visa office in Islamabad is open and operating normally.

With regard to expedited processing of Family Class applications, I would like to explain that our visa officers have sufficient discretion under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to respond in a flexible and humane manner to emergency situations. It is the client's responsibility, however, to demonstrate to the visa officials, with proper documentation, that they have been personally and directly affected by the situation. Where required, an interview may also be held. A decision is made after consideration of all factors.

If you or members of your community are in contact with family members in Pakistan who are directly affected by the flooding, you may wish to encourage them to contact the visa office, explain how they are personally affected by the flooding, and request expedited processing. I can assure you that visa officials will extend every consideration to their circumstances.

Thank you for taking the time to write and express your concern. I trust that the information provided is of assistance.

N. Vizcaino

Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for response.
TAUBA HAI :mad:

marya238

Dec 9, 2010
Georgetown
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2009
AOR Received.
12-11-2009
File Transfer...
07-12-2009
Med's Request
27-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-12-2010
15 Months Completed :eek: Ammmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Jaania

Nov 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2010
AOR Received.
04-2010
File Transfer...
03-2010
Med's Done....
12-2009
Interview........
11-2012 PASSED
Passport Req..
14-11-2012
Salamz Brothers & Sisters, here is my timeline:

Husbands Medical was done: DECEMBER 15, 2009
Police Clearance was done: DECEMBER 20, 2009
Sponsorship application sent to Mississauga: JANUARY 20, 2010
Mississauga approval: MARCH 15, 2010
Acknowledgment from Islamabad: MARCH 30, 2010 dated APRIL 27, 2010 (very strange)
Sent Supplementary Form and supporting documents: APRIL 4, 2010 (by courier)

Since APRIL 2010 no other documents have been requested from me or my husband in Pakistan.

I have sent 6 emails in this entire year and I received the same exact duplicate reply " Your file is in the queue waiting for the initial review "

This is unjustice to all the spouses who have to suffer more than a year to reunite!!

Atleast, we have the rights as a Canadian Citizen to receive a proper reply rather than a generic email.

We respect the laws and regulations in Canada but in return we do not even get an appropriate answer from the Islamabad Visa office.

I will try to contact my local MP for help or apply for CAIPS, wish me luck!

saroo

Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 2009
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 2009
Med's Request
Med's Done....
REMEDICAL DONE SEPT 2010
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
feb 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
april 1, 2011
See what i mean, One 2 ka 4 explained everything, i did the same thing back in August what he did and got exact the same answer, so dear friends from the forum, please do something by yourself, write by yourself explain it to the embassy how you feel and that's all we can do right now. Ab hum sab sirf allah ke rehmow karm pay hain yaan phir embassy ke remhow karm pay. Allah humain sabar ki towfaeeq day... Ameen !!!!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Jaania said:
Salamz Brothers & Sisters, here is my timeline:

Husbands Medical was done: DECEMBER 15, 2009
Police Clearance was done: DECEMBER 20, 2009
Sponsorship application sent to Mississauga: JANUARY 20, 2010
Mississauga approval: MARCH 15, 2010
Acknowledgment from Islamabad: MARCH 30, 2010 dated APRIL 27, 2010 (very strange)
Sent Supplementary Form and supporting documents: APRIL 4, 2010 (by courier)

Since APRIL 2010 no other documents have been requested from me or my husband in Pakistan.

I have sent 6 emails in this entire year and I received the same exact duplicate reply " Your file is in the queue waiting for the initial review "

This is unjustice to all the spouses who have to suffer more than a year to reunite!!

Atleast, we have the rights as a Canadian Citizen to receive a proper reply rather than a generic email.

We respect the laws and regulations in Canada but in return we do not even get an appropriate answer from the Islamabad Visa office.

I will try to contact my local MP for help or apply for CAIPS, wish me luck!
Ok for people who think that they send same emails to everybody, here is an explanation hopefully this makes sense:

Yes it is a generic email that they send everyone, but they have generic email for every stage your file is in. For Instance:
1) Your file is in que for initial review
2) Your file is in que for review
3) Your file is in background checks
4) Your file is in que to be reviewed by a decision making officer

Admit it guys we have all seen all these replies, now let me explain in details

1) Your file is in que for initial review (you will keep receiving this reply until they look at your file for the first time after sending AOR ~9-12 months)
Once they do the initial review of the file, they look for missing documents. Does the file need extra supporting documents?? Does the marriage look genuine?? If in doubt they send a letter asking for missing/supporting documents they also send supplementary forms and a few other ones we have seen on this forum. They send a letter and put a Bring Forward date on the file. Until that date comes:
2) Your file is in que for review (On the bring forward date the file is opened and gets checked for what was requested and if things requested are there it goes to the next stage could be the background checks, verification of documents etc. If the documents requested are not there, they put another BF date on the file.)
3) Your file is in background check (You will keep receiving this generic message until the background checks are done)
Hopefully everything is done by now except the background check and they notice the medical is expired and so is the PCC, here is another letter requesting those.
After they have everything they needed, the file status is:
4) Your file is in que to be reviewed by a decision making officer. This is where they decide if the person needs to go through an interview or if the VO is convinced or the file to be rejected.

Then the letter is sent whether the file is refused ( with appeal instructions) , or Passport request for VISA to be stamped or an interview call.

So when they say that the file is in que for initial review yeah they are right that they havn't looked at your file even for the first time it could be even after 10 months. I am the example:
My wifes case started in Pakistan in March 2010, I requested Caips notes in November and saw nothing in there, no updates, no comments nothing it was still in their storage area. Then I emailed Islamabad on December 14th asking for the status, I received a reply on the 27th saying that the file is in que for initial review. So my wifes case has been sitting in their storage area since March untouched!!!! This is reality your file will not be opened until its time for it, no matter who you involve. No one can do anything to make it faster not even MPs.
I really hope this helps....The process I have explained is not 100% accurate, but its just to give you an idea about what's happening at the CHC-Islamabad.

wating4u

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-12- 2009
AOR Received.
25-01- 2010
Med's Done....
01-11-2010
Interview........
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
12-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2011
LANDED..........
8-08-2011
i am tired of this waiting game.. :mad: :mad: going to pakistan next month to stay with my hubby till the visa is issued..hopefully soon so i dont hve to stay ther for hot/ burning summer.. ;) remembr me in ur prayers... and dont worry guys everyone will get to meet there spouse soon InshaAllah.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
wating4u said:
i am tired of this waiting game.. :mad: :mad: going to pakistan next month to stay with my hubby till the visa is issued..hopefully soon so i dont hve to stay ther for hot/ burning summer.. ;) remembr me in ur prayers... and dont worry guys everyone will get to meet there spouse soon InshaAllah.
Have fun! Consider yourself lucky to have that option...