+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing visitor status to work permit from inside Canada

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
haii this is Prathyusha from India,currently residing at Edmonton,Alberta,Canada. I was on a visitor visa to visit my husband who is international student doing his masters in Concordia university on the occasion of our first marriage anniversary..... i have entered Canada one week before...and have my visa expiry date up to September 30th.

Now, my question is can i change my status from visitor to work permit before my visa expiry date?

my husband is going to complete his masters by june 2016...and he is going to apply for PGWP, can i apply for OWP at the same time he applies for PGWP?

Or first he has to apply for his PGWP after getting his visa i have to apply for my OWP?

which option is having higher success rate in getting my visa?

what are the documents i have to submit for my application and what is the procedure?

Anyone please help me regarding my query..

Thank you in advance.

HKG

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
I have a related question......

My friend is in Canada on visitor visa. Visa will be expiring on 24 may 2016. She has applied for spousal open work permit. Her husband is on PGWP .Should she apply for extension of visitor visa to maintain status while she is waiting for outcome of SOWP? What is implied status?

parthnayak5487

Mar 29, 2016
No if her visa is in process then she don't have to apply any extension till her process complete. Then also you can conifrm with CIC customer care.

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
hii can i apply for my open work permit from inside Canada ? or i have to go back to my home country and i have to apply for OWP? can me and my husband apply for his PGWP and my OWP parellely?

what are the documents we both have to submit ?