+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing the 'Educational details' after receiving ITA. Is it ok to do that?

deshp

Sep 9, 2018
Hello folks,

I recently received an ITA for my application. My question is related to the Personal History section wherein we need to provide our personal details including Education and Work experience over the last 10 years.
Before ITA, in my education details, I had mentioned the starting year of my engineering as it is there on my first-semester mark sheet (2007). But, my admission in the same was 6 months prior to what I have mentioned in the profile (2006).
So now since the application checks for any gaps, I want to change the year from 2007 to 2006, 2006 being the actual year I started my college.
Currently, I am able to change the details in the profile. But is this recommended? From what I have read in other threads, as long as it does not affect the score we should be fine. So should I go ahead and change the year and mention this in the Letter of Explanation? Or should I decline the ITA and re-enter the pool the next time?

Please help.

deshp

Sep 9, 2018
Hello folks,

I recently received an ITA for my application. My question is related to the Personal History section wherein we need to provide our personal details including Education and Work experience over the last 10 years.
Before ITA, in my education details, I had mentioned the starting year of my engineering as it is there on my first-semester mark sheet (2007). But, my admission in the same was 6 months prior to what I have mentioned in the profile (2006).
So now since the application checks for any gaps, I want to change the year from 2007 to 2006, 2006 being the actual year I started my college.
Currently, I am able to change the details in the profile. But is this recommended? From what I have read in other threads, as long as it does not affect the score we should be fine. So should I go ahead and change the year and mention this in the Letter of Explanation? Or should I decline the ITA and re-enter the pool the next time?

Please help.
Anyone!? Please help.