+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing program outside Canada

Basil Alias

May 8, 2021
Hey guys, hope everyone is safe. I have gone through some rare problems. I was enrolled for a program in winter 2021. The college needed my presence on campus from the second semester. I got ppr but when it stamped there was a printing mistake on the visa stamp. When I got new PPR the vacs closed because of the covid surge in India. The college left me with options of withdrawal or changing program. So I decided to change program to fall 21. I have already lost money of one semester. I know that was really an unexpected scenario. Gone through a lot, I am just writing to ask you guys to know that do I have to face a problem in the future. I have Changed the program in the same DLI I have completed plus two and my new program is related to my previous studies. Please reply guys, let me make it more easier, is there any problem if I have to change program to an another intake outside Canada after getting PPR is there any problem?
Thanks

Basil Alias

May 8, 2021
No problem with changing programs within the same DLI, even outside Canada.
Do I have to do anything like updating new loa to IRCC and just for confirmation. you sure bro? Coz I am going through serious problems rn and this is my only option now anything good will be helpful

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Do I have to do anything like updating new loa to IRCC and just for confirmation. you sure bro? Coz I am going through serious problems rn and this is my only option now anything good will be helpful
You can ask IRCC directly - either via webform or Twitter.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hey guys, hope everyone is safe. I have gone through some rare problems. I was enrolled for a program in winter 2021. The college needed my presence on campus from the second semester. I got ppr but when it stamped there was a printing mistake on the visa stamp. When I got new PPR the vacs closed because of the covid surge in India. The college left me with options of withdrawal or changing program. So I decided to change program to fall 21. I have already lost money of one semester. I know that was really an unexpected scenario. Gone through a lot, I am just writing to ask you guys to know that do I have to face a problem in the future. I have Changed the program in the same DLI I have completed plus two and my new program is related to my previous studies. Please reply guys, let me make it more easier, is there any problem if I have to change program to another intake outside Canada after getting PPR is there any problem?
Thanks
Hello Basil Alias,

The new rules guiding the study permit recently updated by IRCC only gave instructions about DLI change and not program change within the same DLI.

Since it's in the same DLI, it shouldn't be an issue. Update your GcKey account with the new LOA (for the new program).

The onus is now on you to be bold enough to give reasonable and justifiable responses at the POE IF asked by a CBSA officer the decision surrounding the program change.

Best of Luck

Basil Alias

May 8, 2021
Hello Basil Alias,

The new rules guiding the study permit recently updated by IRCC only gave instructions about DLI change and not program change within the same DLI.

Since it's in the same DLI, it shouldn't be an issue. Update your GcKey account with the new LOA (for the new program).

The onus is now on you to be bold enough to give reasonable and justifiable responses at the POE IF asked by a CBSA officer the decision surrounding the program change.

Best of Luck
Thank you for your reply sir