+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing from visitors visa to working holiday visa.

OrionUnas

Feb 14, 2013
Hello everyone!

My friend from Japan currently holds a working holiday visa, but she entered Canada on a visitor's visa.

She would like to change to her working Holliday visa in October, and I am wondering where we can go to do that. We live in Victoria and would like to go to Vancouver. Is there an office we can go to?

Thanks for any info!

Edit:
Also, after her working holiday visa expires, if she decides to stay in Canada, what can she do?

OrionUnas

Feb 14, 2013
No one knows? Can anyone suggest a resource then, besides calling cic... just don't wanna waste 30+ minutes on the phone for a five minute conversation...

NadiaEdmonton

Sep 12, 2013
I had a friend in this exact situation and she went to the border to cross it and come right back into Canada to activate her WHP. She drove to the border but you can also fly out and back in.

OrionUnas

Feb 14, 2013
That was her original plan, but we'd rather not cross the boarder. we were going to go to Seattle or port alberni rather than fly :p

Besides, it's too expensive for our budget to cross the boarder. Over 140 bucks where we can take the ferry for 40 bucks. If we travel out puff the country we'd have to stay in a hotel which complicates things even more considering our budget.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

OrionUnas said:
That was her original plan, but we'd rather not cross the boarder. we were going to go to Seattle or port alberni rather than fly :p

Besides, it's too expensive for our budget to cross the boarder. Over 140 bucks where we can take the ferry for 40 bucks. If we travel out puff the country we'd have to stay in a hotel which complicates things even more considering our budget.
1. Tough, but She doesn't have a choice, she has to exit Canada and re-enter to activate her IEC work permit.
2. Ferry to Anacortes and return, $34 per person. Assuming she has a US visa. If not, then it is Douglas/Pac Hiway border Crossing.