+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing from Spouse not accompanying to Spouse Accompanying post AOR

garry9488

Jun 10, 2016
Hello Members,

Need some advice. I got ITA in Feb. My AOR is April 18th 2016. I applied under Express Entry FSW program. I am still awaiting PPR.

I applied as Married but spouse not accompanying back then due to some different circumstances. Now I want to change that to Married and spouse accompanying. I called CIC to confirm if I can do that, the kind agent told me that I can do this and he asked me to courier various documents. I have filled out the docs and have everything ready. Find the email from CIC below-

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

After applying for permanent residence under the Economic class - Adding a family member

A family member* of the principal applicant could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as non-accompanying dependant in the initial application. However, there is no guarantee that your request to add a family member to an application will be accepted if the final decision has already been made by the office processing the application.

To add a family member to the application, you have to download, fill out, validate and print the following forms** from our website and send them to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Ottawa, Ontario:

A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,

(If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,

(If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,

(If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,

A copy of the family member’s valid passport,

Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,

and

The add-on request including:
your name,
your client ID number/UCI,
your file number,
a letter of explanation,
a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
if applicable, the proof of payment.
You must write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope. If you want proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.

*A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child.
**If the newly created family member is a child born in Canada, only the add-on request is required.

My questions are-
1. Can I believe what the agent said, make the payment and send the documents?
2. Most of the users have reported that they get online links on mycic to upload and submit their documents, but I got email to courier them, is this normal?
3. I heard that Visa Officer may not be happy with this change and may ask for recalculation of CRS and this may lead to rejection!!!! The lowest CRS on Feb 24th draw was 453 and my current CRS score is 473.
4. Will this entire process of changing from spouse not accompanying to spouse accompanying risk my application in any way?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
garry9488 said:
Hello Members,

Need some advice. I got ITA in Feb. My AOR is April 18th 2016. I applied under Express Entry FSW program. I am still awaiting PPR.

I applied as Married but spouse not accompanying back then due to some different circumstances. Now I want to change that to Married and spouse accompanying. I called CIC to confirm if I can do that, the kind agent told me that I can do this and he asked me to courier various documents. I have filled out the docs and have everything ready. Find the email from CIC below-

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

After applying for permanent residence under the Economic class - Adding a family member

A family member* of the principal applicant could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as non-accompanying dependant in the initial application. However, there is no guarantee that your request to add a family member to an application will be accepted if the final decision has already been made by the office processing the application.

To add a family member to the application, you have to download, fill out, validate and print the following forms** from our website and send them to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Ottawa, Ontario:

A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,

(If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,

(If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,

(If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,

A copy of the family member’s valid passport,

Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,

and

The add-on request including:
your name,
your client ID number/UCI,
your file number,
a letter of explanation,
a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
if applicable, the proof of payment.
You must write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope. If you want proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.

*A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child.
**If the newly created family member is a child born in Canada, only the add-on request is required.

My questions are-
1. Can I believe what the agent said, make the payment and send the documents?
2. Most of the users have reported that they get online links on mycic to upload and submit their documents, but I got email to courier them, is this normal?
3. I heard that Visa Officer may not be happy with this change and may ask for recalculation of CRS and this may lead to rejection!!!! The lowest CRS on Feb 24th draw was 453 and my current CRS score is 473.
4. Will this entire process of changing from spouse not accompanying to spouse accompanying risk my application in any way?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
They will recalculate your points for sure. It may put your application under risk in case and your points fall below the draw points at the time your application has been selected.

garry9488

Jun 10, 2016
pfse said:
They will recalculate your points for sure. It may put your application under risk in case and your points fall below the draw points at the time your application has been selected.
Hello pfse,

Will they recalculate my CRS keeping in mind my how my profile fares today, or will they back date and calculate it on my old profile back in Feb? I finished 3 years of work experience in September this year, so my CRS currently is 473 but in Feb it was just 453.

Thanks.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
garry9488 said:
Hello pfse,

Will they recalculate my CRS keeping in mind my how my profile fares today, or will they back date and calculate it on my old profile back in Feb? I finished 3 years of work experience in September this year, so my CRS currently is 473 but in Feb it was just 453.

Thanks.
It will be recalculated based on experience and "other stuff" you and your partner had at the time of ITA.

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
garry9488 said:
Hello pfse,

Thanks.
I dont recommend adding your spouse in your application after receiving ITA. Because, you will lose 30 points minimum if CIC will recalculate your CRS with spouse (they will do it for sure). In this case, your points will go below 450 and your application will get rejected.

I am in the same situation. I am now at 440 points with spouse as accompanying person. If I put my spouse as non-accompanying person, My score will be 470. But, I am still waiting the score to come down.

So,

garry9488

Jun 10, 2016
karthik506 said:
I dont recommend adding your spouse in your application after receiving ITA. Because, you will lose 30 points minimum if CIC will recalculate your CRS with spouse (they will do it for sure). In this case, your points will go below 450 and your application will get rejected.

I am in the same situation. I am now at 440 points with spouse as accompanying person. If I put my spouse as non-accompanying person, My score will be 470. But, I am still waiting the score to come down.

So,
Thanks for the info Karthik. I guess I will just let my application be as it is now and not make any changes.

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
garry9488 said:
Thanks for the info Karthik. I guess I will just let my application be as it is now and not make any changes.
Good decision. you can bring your wife with you once you receive PR. She can get open work permit.

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
karthik506 said:
Good decision. you can bring your wife with you once you receive PR. She can get open work permit.
How can she receive open work permit after principal applicant gets PR?

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
devnill said:
How can she receive open work permit after principal applicant gets PR?
She can get OWP if she is mentioned as non accompanying person in the PR application.

Fuzail

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karthik506 said:
She can get OWP if she is mentioned as non accompanying person in the PR application.
can u please elaborate the same?

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
karthik506 said:
I do not think so - Spouse open work permit is only for those applicant who are not permanent residence yet, ( Could be student or worker with having full time job NOC o, A, B)

Seniors correct me if I am wrong.