+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing close work permit status

addy89

Dec 1, 2022
hi all
i am trying to change my close work permit to open work permit. is there any options i can opt for. i am very new to this country and barely know anyone. please help me out if any valid options are available. please

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi all
i am trying to change my close work permit to open work permit. is there any options i can opt for. i am very new to this country and barely know anyone. please help me out if any valid options are available. please
Open work permits are only available in limited situations. You need to provide us with more details on your situation.

You mention that you are here on a closed work permit. Are you here alone without a spouse or common law partner? If you have a spouse or common law partner here, what is their status in Canada? Why do you want to switch to an open work permit? Have you submitted a PR application yet that has been accepted by IRCC?

addy89

Dec 1, 2022
I came alone to Canada. The place I was suppose to work as per the offer letter they are not allowing me to work and there and not giving me proper hours as per signed on the contract. and barely making any money. as per my own profile of work I am not satisfied with the type of work I am doing. its really getting stressful.
I have not submitted my PR profile as yet. its only been 4.5 months since I got here.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I came alone to Canada. The place I was suppose to work as per the offer letter they are not allowing me to work and there and not giving me proper hours as per signed on the contract. and barely making any money. as per my own profile of work I am not satisfied with the type of work I am doing. its really getting stressful.
I have not submitted my PR profile as yet. its only been 4.5 months since I got here.
The only possible option that may be available to you is the vulnerable worker open work permit. However I'm not sure your situation meets the requirements. You can read the details and requirements here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/vulnerable-workers.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
can I apply for Pr of Canada even if I have not completed 1 year of work in Canada?
It's hard to comment on this without knowing your full profile. Generally speaking, you can apply if you have at least one year of continous (no breaks) and full time work experience in a single skilled occupation. Then you would apply through the FSW / Express Entry program. However it also depends on how many points you have since this is a points-based immigration system and those with the most points are selected. You would want to have 490+ points to have a very good chance of being selected soon. This would mean not only having the work experience but also high English language test scores, probably at least a Master's degree, be in your 20's, etc. You can read more about the Express Entry program here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Please if one is on VOWP, can the person extend the open work permit?
What are the options? Given the situation
Had a closed work permit valid till 2024
Received an open work permit (VOWP) in 2022 valid until 2023.
Presently working for a new company using the VOWP.

Can the open work permit be renewed or extended?