+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Accompanying to Non-Accompanying Family Member...

Jose123

Jan 10, 2016
Hello,
My husband, who I applied for as an accompanying family member with my application, currently lives with me in Canada as a temporary worker but wants to leave, for no reason.
Recently, he made it clear that he does not want to join or remain with me and our kids to Canada. We are still married and are not separating or getting a divorce. He just want to leave and go home, but I am the primary applicant.
Please advise if I can change his status from accompanying family member to non-accompanying family member, and if I do that, does it mean he will still be issued with permanent residency?
Thank you.
Worried wife.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Jose123 said:
Hello,
My husband, who I applied for as an accompanying family member with my application, currently lives with me in Canada as a temporary worker but wants to leave, for no reason.
Recently, he made it clear that he does not want to join or remain with me and our kids to Canada. We are still married and are not separating or getting a divorce. He just want to leave and go home, but I am the primary applicant.
Please advise if I can change his status from accompanying family member to non-accompanying family member, and if I do that, does it mean he will still be issued with permanent residency?
Thank you.
Worried wife.
Only if you can produce a divorce,legal separation,annulment or death certificate for the reason you are dropping him But he is done and will not be receiving his PR.Has he done his medical?If not you MAY become inadmissible under the act if He refuses to undergo a medical

SMani

Aug 17, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
Jose123 said:
Hello,
Thank you.
Worried wife.
After medical examination and Ppr allow him to have his way

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Jose123 said:
Hello,
Thank you.
Worried wife.

Yes, You can apply without Including your husband as PR applicant. Its fine. But I dont see a possible explanation you can give to convince a Case Officer To Prove what you have written above. It just seems like you want to get PR Early and droping your spouse will increase your score. This is how a case officer sees your application, cause your husband is already in Canada!!!

Again, there is no point in not including your spouse in application, except for Increasing CRS and getting Early ITA, Cause whether accompanying or Not, you have to get PCC and Do medicals for your spouse.

I hope you understand what I am saying, your reason might be true, but cannot be explained in paper.

And If he doesnt want to get medicals and apply for PCC, you cant get a PR without Divorce.