+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing a job after obtaining the PNP in Alberta

Ethan202305

Sep 13, 2023
I have sumitted my application for the PNP through the AAIP AOS in Alberta and waiting for the processing result.

Does anyone know if the appplicant could change a job within Alberta after obtaining the PNP in Alberta?

Thanks!

Reactions: Noah Vossen

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I have sumitted my application for the PNP through the AAIP AOS in Alberta and waiting for the processing result.

Does anyone know if the applicant could change a job within Alberta after obtaining the PNP in Alberta?

Thanks!
Nothing is stopping you from changing jobs. However, if the current employer is supporting your nomination then you have to find another employer that can support your nomination and meet other requirements. This means you have to communicate all changes in employment to the PNP office.

Ethan202305

Sep 13, 2023
Nothing is stopping you from changing jobs. However, if the current employer is supporting your nomination then you have to find another employer that can support your nomination and meet other requirements. This means you have to communicate all changes in employment to the PNP office.
I am a PGWP holder and submmited my application for PNP through AAIP AOS. My emlployer did not support my application, except providing an emploment reference eltter.

I heard some people have the concern about being denied by the Federal, if the applicant submmits a PR application but changes a job after obtaining the PNP.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
You changing job is not the issue, this change must be approved by the provincial office and communicated back to IRCC. In most cases, when the employer changes, they re-issue the nomination certificate with the new employer name on it. So everything is consistent - IRCC and the provincial office would be on the same page. You can't just change job and the PNP office doesn't know. Then when you submit the federal application you have a new employer listed without explanation of provincial support. You run the risk of being denied.

Reactions: Noah Vossen

Ethan202305

Sep 13, 2023
You changing job is not the issue, this change must be approved by the provincial office and communicated back to IRCC. In most cases, when the employer changes, they re-issue the nomination certificate with the new employer name on it. So everything is consistent - IRCC and the provincial office would be on the same page. You can't just change job and the PNP office doesn't know. Then when you submit the federal application you have a new employer listed without explanation of provincial support. You run the risk of being denied.
You are correct. That's what I am concerned about.

I just want to change a job after obtaining the PNP (if I can) and submitting the PR application in Federal .

amitmegahit

Jul 26, 2024
Dear Members,

I am not sure if this is the right thread but I have a query regarding the Alberta PNP. So currently I stay in Toronto and I had applied for the Alberta Tech pathway last year based on the WP extension with location change to Calgary support letter from my employer. I got the nomination in September and the subsequently PR in May this year. But in early July this year my Project ended suddenly (client Terminated the SOW) and I am not getting any projects which have a requirement in Alberta. I have also applied to multiple jobs in Alberta but none of them materialized. My Query is:

1. How soon do I have to move to Alberta?
  2. If I don't move now but at least an year before my PR renewal date, will it have a negative impact on my renewal?
Thanks in Advance!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Members,

I am not sure if this is the right thread but I have a query regarding the Alberta PNP. So currently I stay in Toronto and I had applied for the Alberta Tech pathway last year based on the WP extension with location change to Calgary support letter from my employer. I got the nomination in September and the subsequently PR in May this year. But in early July this year my Project ended suddenly (client Terminated the SOW) and I am not getting any projects which have a requirement in Alberta. I have also applied to multiple jobs in Alberta but none of them materialized. My Query is:

1. How soon do I have to move to Alberta?
  2. If I don't move now but at least an year before my PR renewal date, will it have a negative impact on my renewal?
Thanks in Advance!!!
Did you update your PNP to indicate that you weren’t actually living in Alberta? That is the much bigger issue if it happened.

amitmegahit

Jul 26, 2024
For Alberta Tech pathway you just need an Alberta job offer and not be physically residing in the province unlike the traditional PNP. Without the PR I couldn’t have travelled to Alberta as my WP was still for ON and the extension was not processed.

Noah Vossen

Star Member
Mar 27, 2023
What if you're on closed WP? Can you change an employer once you get PNP certificate?

Noah Vossen

Star Member
Mar 27, 2023
Can you change a job while your PNP application is being processed or do you have to wait until you get the certificate?