+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes to the last name for ECA assessment

WaleedArshad

Sep 29, 2020
Hi,

I am in a little bit of trouble right now. I wanted to submit my documents for WES ECA but found that there is a small error in my last name. Instead of Arshad, it's spelled Arsahd. So, would it be OK to submit the degree with spelling error for ECA and later submit an affidavit (mentioning the two names are the same) to the IRCC? Can anyone here confirm this? Because it turns out having my name corrected on the degree is a long process and I just want to spend the time and energy for something that may have an easier solution.

Wiem94

Mar 31, 2023
Hi,

I am in a little bit of trouble right now. I wanted to submit my documents for WES ECA but found that there is a small error in my last name. Instead of Arshad, it's spelled Arsahd. So, would it be OK to submit the degree with spelling error for ECA and later submit an affidavit (mentioning the two names are the same) to the IRCC? Can anyone here confirm this? Because it turns out having my name corrected on the degree is a long process and I just want to spend the time and energy for something that may have an easier solution.

Hi Arshad,

Did you find a solution?