+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change skilled category

muddi1981

May 21, 2009
i am very confuse, i am working in a food manufacturing inustry and its not listed in any of the 38 list . my consultant advised me to apply under OTHER VOCATIONAL INSTRUCTOR and to obtained a job discription letter matching the activities from that vocational instructor category but i am confuse that if i would apply on that category and provided the required documents what will it be considered as? as i dont have any experties and the job duties i am performing currently is different. kindly help me as i have not applied yet and i am thinking that my consultant is making me fool. and also he told me that once i will get the immigration i can work in my original profession in canada is that true?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't matter what you are doing right now. What matters is the experience you have had in the last 10 years. If you have 1 or more experience in the last 10 years as an "other vocational instructor", you can apply as one.

After you get your permanent residency, you are free to apply for any job and you don't need a work permit. There is however no guarantee that you will get any of the jobs you apply for. It's a free market. If your orginal profession requires some kind of licensing in Canada, you might also have to take some exams to get licensed.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
As I was reading this, i noticed that Leon has 5000 messages exactly at this moment lol.
We all owe Leon a big thanks for all the advice on this forum.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
If you have this experience in the last 10 years, you should apply. it doesnt matter that you are not doing the job now. it only matters that you have done the job in the last 10 years.

muddi1981

May 21, 2009
NO I HAVENT HAD ANY EXPERINCE AS AN OTHER VOCATIONAL INSTRUCTOR. BUT MY CONSULTANT WANTS ME TO APPLY ON IT AS I DONT HAVE ANY OTHER OPTION. I AM V CONFUSE I DONT HOW CAN I JUSTIFY THIS CATEGORY AS I AM WORKING IN QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER. THERE IS NO RELATION OF THIS POST TO THAT CATEGORY. PLEASE HELP ME.,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, I am a VIP member now :)

I see rupeshhari also got promoted to Champion member recently.

As for the question.. well.. you need to find the NOC code that best matches your job duties. It sounds like your consultant is trying to make you fit one of the 38 when you don't. Tell your consultant that you will pay him only if you are accepted and see if he still wants to do it. It is likely that immigration will figure it out that you are trying to apply as something you are not and if they do, it could be hard for you to apply again, especially if they look at it as fraud and misrepresentation rather than just a mistake of wrong NOC code.

If you have no experience in the last 10 years that could match one of the 38 listed NOC's, then you have 2 options, you can try to get this experience and apply for your immigration once you have it or you can try to qualify under another category, either with a job offer or by going to Canada as a student for a year.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
As I was reading this, i noticed that Leon has 5000 messages exactly at this moment lol.
We all owe Leon a big thanks for all the advice on this forum.
No doubts, as well as to PMM, and yourself. Well done Guys. keep on "Rocking" and keep up the Good work!!