+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of travel date on a granted trv

jaycee04

May 2, 2013
Hi members,

I just got my trv and just wondering if i change my travel date? Will the port of entry officer question it? Should i bring a copy of my updated bank account in case they would ask for proof of funds for my stay?

Please help Seniors.

Thanks,

Jaycee

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
If its a minor change I wouldnt think its a big deal, about the funds, I dont think is strictly necessary as you already provided evidence when applying for the visa.

meng5656

Apr 23, 2013
jaycee04 said:
Hi members,

I just got my trv and just wondering if i change my travel date? Will the port of entry officer question it? Should i bring a copy of my updated bank account in case they would ask for proof of funds for my stay?

Please help Seniors.

Thanks,

Jaycee
I've traveled to Canada twice and never been asked for proof of funds. So I think you will be fine.

jaycee04

May 2, 2013
Thank you for the reply and information scris5 and meng5656. I have 1 more question, do you guys have an idea what are questions that port of entry officer ask?

Thanking you in advance.

Jaycee

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
jaycee04 said:
Thank you for the reply and information scris5 and meng5656. I have 1 more question, do you guys have an idea what are questions that port of entry officer ask?

Thanking you in advance.

Jaycee
Its like a very simplified version and similar questions to the ones answered for the TRV:
What's the purpose of your visit?
How long you will be staying?
Where you will be staying?
Do you have a return ticket?
Etc

Sometimes they get picky and ask a lot, and other times just a couple of questions and you are good to go.

navkaur

Jul 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2017
jaycee04 said:

Thanking you in advance.

Jaycee
I was only asked:
1. Where are you from?
2. What are you doing?
3. Why are you here?
4. Where are you staying?

That's it....

jaycee04

May 2, 2013
Thank you for the information navkaur and scris5. I will be travelling on the end of the month. I hope all will be well.

Jaycee04

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
You can arrive to Canada any time during the validity of your visa. They usually do not question much unless they can figure out something suspicious.
In our case the regular questions were:
the reason to come to Canada,
where you planning to stay,
do you have any friends/relatives here,
when are you planning to leave - they can also ask to show them return ticket (if any)

The only advise I would give - be as friendly and open with them as possible - they are thought to read people. Even something that looks or sounds quite normal to you can trigger more questions and even followed up check-ups.