+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of telephone/mobile number while citizenship file in process?

enyeeme

Apr 14, 2014
Hi

I have my file in process with CIC since August last year. process started in Oct 28th 2013.
I called CIC two weeks for the update on my file? The agent mentioned that background check is done and the file is transferred to local office Scarborough and I might get test letter anytime soon. I did not see any ecas update or receive any letter yet.

last Sunday I changed my telephone number. Do I need to inform CIC? If so, how can I do that?
Also, will that delay the process. ?

thanks in advance

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC almost never calls you. All communication is via mail and ecas update. If you change the ecas address info that should do.

enyeeme

Apr 14, 2014
thanks Chikloo for the reply.

Whenever I call CIC for the recent update on my file they usually ask for confirmation questions like lastname, date of birth, date of landing, and sometimes address and telephone. So what should I reply for telephone?

So I want to know how to update the number with them before I call them for any update !

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I called they had incorrect phone number. I asked them to change it and then the next time I called the file had correct phone number.

Zaynab

Sep 12, 2013
chikloo said:
CIC almost never calls you. All communication is via mail and ecas update. If you change the ecas address info that should do.
actually they called and they told me on the phone my oath date