+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Resident Country after ITA

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
I have received an ITA on an EE profile created while living in the UAE, using an authorized representative. Now, even before the visa is stamped, I might be moving to Canada to study as I have received a scholarship from a top tier university there. I know I can proceed to apply for a study permit under dual intent.

My question is this: What happens once the Visa Office in UAE issues a request for my passport to approve my EE case? If I am already in Canada by the time the VO approves my file, can my case be transferred to Canada?

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thorxena said:
I have received an ITA on an EE profile created while living in the UAE, using an authorized representative. Now, even before the visa is stamped, I might be moving to Canada to study as I have received a scholarship from a top tier university there. I know I can proceed to apply for a study permit under dual intent.

My question is this: What happens once the Visa Office in UAE issues a request for my passport to approve my EE case? If I am already in Canada by the time the VO approves my file, can my case be transferred to Canada?
Yep, you have an opportunity to email and let them know.

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
thnx!

Another question - can I re-use my upfront medical which was performed for EE, for the study permit?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Send a CSE with the new address.

You can use the same medical.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Does that mean it's normal to move to another country before getting a PPR, then only when you get a PPR you let them know of the change of address? If that's possible, will they normally carry on and ask for your passport and send it back to wherever you live in the new country (Canada in your case)?

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
alxms10 said:
Does that mean it's normal to move to another country before getting a PPR, then only when you get a PPR you let them know of the change of address? If that's possible, will they normally carry on and ask for your passport and send it back to wherever you live in the new country (Canada in your case)?
I don't understand your question. I have been admitted to university in Canada and I will proceed for university when term begins, on a study permit, without waiting for the PPR.

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My case is similar (but not equivalent). I will most likely move from US to Europe after I file my e-APR. So all that would be required is a simple CSE?

desi_me_rollin

Jun 1, 2017
My case is similar (but not equivalent). I will most likely move from US to Europe after I file my e-APR. So all that would be required is a simple CSE?

I am in the same boat, well the other way around. I will be moving to US after I file my eAPR in Europe. I would like to know if I can use the CSE to change my address.

I plan on moving to US for a fellowship. It is for a year or so. I am hoping I can continue my FSW process during that time and then move to Canada.