+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of program

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
God of war said:
Yeah still but I guess there won't be any problem if you change your course or college or both, as long as you are enrolling in same intake.
Why same intake? What if I want to cange course after the first semester?

Aseem04

Sep 21, 2014
I got admission in a one year fast track course but I want to change that course to two year diploma in same field after landing on Canadian soil
both the courses are of same field and are available in the same college
If I can change what are the rules
If not then why not

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yumirdci said:
Why same intake? What if I want to cange course after the first semester?
I mean you can change your course but you must enroll in the same intake only. You cant take gap from one intake to other. Suppose you finished your first sem in the month of april i and after that you want to change your course then you have to take a course which will start in may intake. you cant take course which are available in September intake.

Aseem04

Sep 21, 2014
Thanks for help......
I have one more like u said I can't take admission in same intake but can change in next ...this means I can move from fast track to diploma and can extend my visa.
One more even with late fees I can't go for change in same intake even though seat are available but deadlines has been passed

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aseem04 said:
Thanks for help......
I have one more like u said I can't take admission in same intake but can change in next ...this means I can move from fast track to diploma and can extend my visa.
One more even with late fees I can't go for change in same intake even though seat are available but deadlines has been passed
You must take admission in same intake.

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
God of war said:
You must take admission in same intake.
What if I started my original course in September, and now I realized I don't like it, so I want to change to another program from January. Is that allowed?

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yumirdci said:
What if I started my original course in September, and now I realized I don't like it, so I want to change to another program from January. Is that allowed?
You can't do that. The time for withdrawal from a course is 2 weeks, if i am not wrong. after that they won't refund it. so if you withdraw a course suppose in sept. then again you have to enroll in any other prog. which would start in September.

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
God of war said:
You can't do that. The time for withdrawal from a course is 2 weeks, if i am not wrong. after that they won't refund it. so if you withdraw a course suppose in sept. then again you have to enroll in any other prog. which would start in September.
What do you mean I can't do that? I've contacted the Admissions office and they told me that students change their majors all the time. I understand that I will loose money for the first semester of my original program, but if the second program, which I want to change to has January and September intake, I can easily transfer in January (provided that I get acceptance). And I don't have to wait for the next September

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Surprising.Leo said:
Hey! One of my friend landed for this september intake but didn't like the program and withdrew from the program. Now he is applying in another university for another program which starts from Jan and he is not going back to his home country. And he is planning to work as well mean time. So whats the procedure in this regard?
As I am aware, he should have sit through his original program till the end of the first semester. He couldn't withdrew from it. He could, however, apply at another university WHILE studying his original program, and then if accepted, start the new course from January. But he can't just do nothing while waiting fot the January intake.

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys i have same situation. 12 months certificate is available to me but i am worried because my 4 years study permit will expire 90 days after the completion of this 12 month certificate. Can i pursue another post secondary program with same visa after completion of first program. I am confused and if someone can provide me CIC contact number that i can ask a question. Actually i tried calling them today but there automatic reply. I would like to get the right number

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
This is what I've found on the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15

But I am not sure if this rule has changed after 01/06/2014 or not? Nothing is said about this.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Surprising.Leo said:
So what he has to do now? He has two years TRV on passport and going for two months is just incurring extra travelling expenses. BTW, he told me that study permit doesn't expires right away when one withdraws from program, as per new rules it becomes invalid after 90 days from the date one withdraws and afterwards one has right to appeal against invalidity which takes 90 more days. Mean while one can reinstate previous status with new offer-letter from new institute. What you say? Any reference from CIC website? Because i told him as you said he can't take gap.
Hi,
These are the new changes to the international student program.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
God of war said:
Hi,
These are the new changes to the international student program.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp
Nothing is said about the program change. Just this sentence: "If you are thinking about changing your institution or your program, you need to ensure that you continue to meet the conditions of your study permit, as well as the conditions that allow you to work, should you wish to work during your studies."

It's not clear at all.

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fahad123 said:
Guys i have same situation. 12 months certificate is available to me but i am worried because my 4 years study permit will expire 90 days after the completion of this 12 month certificate. Can i pursue another post secondary program with same visa after completion of first program. I am confused and if someone can provide me CIC contact number that i can ask a question. Actually i tried calling them today but there automatic reply. I would like to get the right number
Yar koe hamay bhi answer karo na.

anupxpf

Apr 1, 2022
How does it affect my work permit, if I drop my current winter semester in my current undergrad program and change my programme from next Fall. Does dropping a semester affect my immigration status in Canada?