+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Marital Status

rushin

Jun 19, 2012
Hello Everyone, I'm planning to submit my PR application this coming August as a single. As we all know PR application in Live-In Caregiver program will take a long process. Part of my problem was I'am also thingking to go back to Philippines and get married this year or maybe next. Is there any of you guys that has this kind of situation before. My question is if my PR application still on process as a single and eventually get married do I need to re-submit my application and will they consider this as a new application or I will just need to update the CIC and send them the additional forms and documents to change my marital status?

rushin

Jun 19, 2012
Re: Change of Marital Status Pls Help

Hello Everyone, I'm planning to submit my PR application this coming August as a single. As we all know PR application in Live-In Caregiver program will take a long process. Part of my problem was I'am also thingking to go back to Philippines and get married this year or maybe next. Is there any of you guys that has this kind of situation before. My question is if my PR application still on process as a single and eventually get married do I need to re-submit my application and will they consider this as a new application or I will just need to update the CIC and send them the additional forms and documents to change my marital status?

miles19

Apr 14, 2012
Hi,
I am already 4 years here in CANADA completed my 24 months before my 3 years here.I supposed to get married last year in the PHILIPPINES but my renewed visa didn't make it to the time my employer and I agreed for my vacation.So I waited this year which was last April-May 2012.I did not submit my OP applications because I wanted to get married first before I do that.Now I am waiting for my marriage contract from the NSO so I can process now.Just like you,wondering if it's gonna be ok that when I entered CANADA I was single then now I am going to process my OP applications with married status.
Anybody out there?????No clue...
Thanks..
Miles

rushin

Jun 19, 2012
miles19 said:
Hi,
I am already 4 years here in CANADA completed my 24 months before my 3 years here.I supposed to get married last year in the PHILIPPINES but my renewed visa didn't make it to the time my employer and I agreed for my vacation.So I waited this year which was last April-May 2012.I did not submit my OP applications because I wanted to get married first before I do that.Now I am waiting for my marriage contract from the NSO so I can process now.Just like you,wondering if it's gonna be ok that when I entered CANADA I was single then now I am going to process my OP applications with married status.
Anybody out there?????No clue...
Thanks..
Miles
I think that's gonna be fine if you were planning to submit your Permanent Residency Application after you got married. It doesn't matter whether you were single by the time you came here and then change it into married as your new status for the PR application. The one that was really confusing was the one that I'am thinking right now and that is what if the application is on process and suddenly get married. Do I need to re-aapply for the new application and cosidered it as new one or just inform them about the change of my marital status.

Malo14374

Apr 7, 2013
Hi pls i need an advice

I came here in Canada last nov 2010 as a tfw with a single marital status but in fact im married..my husband and i were working abroad and just had 1month vacation to get marry that time so i didn't change my marital status yet because of the thoughts that i need to change my lastname and all my documents are single, lots of things to do,so i just used single status thinking that marital status is not a big deal, and then this year 2013 my husband has arrived using single status too because i did not yet change my status, so we are both single, but i heard that we will have a big problem about this, pls advice us what to do, can we just get a marital status change to cra to let them know that we are married? Pls advice thanks

Malo14374

Apr 7, 2013
Hi everyone,,I came here in Canada last nov 2010 as a tfw with a single marital status but in fact im married..my husband and i were working abroad and just had 1month vacation in the Philippines to get marry that time so i didn't change my marital status yet because of the thoughts that i need to change my lastname and all my documents are single, lots of things to do,so i just used single status thinking that marital status is not a big deal, and then this year 2013 my husband has arrived using single status too because i did not yet change my status, so we are both single, but i heard that we will have a big problem about this, pls advice us what to do, can we just get a marital status change to cra to let them know that we are married? Pls advice thanks

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Malo14374 said:
Hi everyone,,I came here in Canada last nov 2010 as a tfw with a single marital status but in fact im married..my husband and i were working abroad and just had 1month vacation in the Philippines to get marry that time so i didn't change my marital status yet because of the thoughts that i need to change my lastname and all my documents are single, lots of things to do,so i just used single status thinking that marital status is not a big deal, and then this year 2013 my husband has arrived using single status too because i did not yet change my status, so we are both single, but i heard that we will have a big problem about this, pls advice us what to do, can we just get a marital status change to cra to let them know that we are married? Pls advice thanks
In my opinion I think you should contact your accountant if and how to amend income tax return you file since 2010. Then contact cra. About immigration they don't care about your marital status unless you have are planning to apply for permanent residency and that you need to contact immigration lawyer.