+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of employer

cecapplicantjune

Feb 8, 2013
Hi,

Under CEC do we have to notice, if one is under an open work permit and there is a change in employment (I changed employers) do we have to inform the visa office almost immediately or can I wait until I get my medical report from them and then I can send everything in at the same time. A bit about me, I got the AOR, submitted the police certificate. Between submission of my police certicate and now I changed employers but still havent informed the CIC. Can I wait until they send the meds before informing them?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cecapplicantjune said:
Hi,

Under CEC do we have to notice, if one is under an open work permit and there is a change in employment (I changed employers) do we have to inform the visa office almost immediately or can I wait until I get my medical report from them and then I can send everything in at the same time.
There is no need to inform CIC about a change in employers. The only changes that you must inform CIC about are
change in marital status or family composition, or change in mailing, residential, or email address. See FAQ #3.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

abdul12345

Feb 7, 2013
jes_ON said:
There is no need to inform CIC about a change in employers. The only changes that you must inform CIC about are
change in marital status or family composition, or change in mailing, residential, or email address. See FAQ #3.
Hey Jes,

I had the exact same question. I quit my current employer. I am also waiting on my MR. I was wondering if it is necessary to notify the visa office of my change in employment.

The link you said doesnt mention it but then the AOR I received from the CIO had this in there (highlighted the new employer part)

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

In light of this do you think it is essential to inform the visa office of these details?

Thanks,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I think that's a generic AOL, but if it is worrying to you, go ahead and inform, it won't hurt either :)