+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Employer - Job change

punch17

Sep 25, 2016
Hi Guys,

I got ITA from Express Entry under CEC class with 477 points in mid April 2016 and has submitted my documents on May 2nd, 2016.
The application is still under review and now I have got offer from another company with a better position.

Following other threads tells me that I can switch the job without any issue. I have following concerns though:
- Should I notify CIC about my employer change. (FYI, my NOC is not going to change) ?????
- If I should notify, what is the proper procedure to do it ???

I am new to this Forum so in case if else relevant information is required, please let me know and I will provide.
I would appreciate if someone can help me in this regards.

Thanks.

Edmo guy Naveed

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
punch17 said:
Hi Guys,

I got ITA from Express Entry under CEC class with 477 points in mid April 2016 and has submitted my documents on May 2nd, 2016.
The application is still under review and now I have got offer from another company with a better position.

Following other threads tells me that I can switch the job without any issue. I have following concerns though:
- Should I notify CIC about my employer change. (FYI, my NOC is not going to change) ?????

I am new to this Forum so in case if else relevant information is required, please let me know and I will provide.

Thanks.
hi there , you should not worry because i submit my application under cec in march 2016 and i got letter from cic to send my passport in start of september and in this time i didnot work with the company that i mention in my file. i just work one month after submit my application and no more work with that company.
all of this process cic web site did not show any update about my file. so hopefully soon you will recieve the letter for send your passport. and normally cic clear first step for check document ect in first 3 to 4 weeks.

aidenZhou

Mar 15, 2016
Edmo guy Naveed said:
hi there , you should not worry because i submit my application under cec in march 2016 and i got letter from cic to send my passport in start of september and in this time i didnot work with the company that i mention in my file. i just work one month after submit my application and no more work with that company.
all of this process cic web site did not show any update about my file. so hopefully soon you will recieve the letter for send your passport. and normally cic clear first step for check document ect in first 3 to 4 weeks.
hi, there:

Just asking, during the time you wait for your application, were you be able to find your application in ECAS? If so , when did you start to be albe to find your application in ECAS.
I submitted my application under CEC in April via my CIC account online. I can check the application status in my CIC account. But if I try to check the application status in ECAS, I cannot find my application.
Thank you.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
punch17 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.
The right way to proceed is communicating IRCC any change in your application.

Use this link to send a PDF containing a explanation letter, new company job offer and contract or some letter stating when you started to work with them.

A letter from your old company with start/end dates and full information about the position could help and will be helpful for your records regarding future steps (citizenship....)

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

IRCC supposedly is checking your work status, they could call your former company and the officer will know that you left the company, probably it won't affect the application but just in case better you notify it before.

Note you should communicate it after you started in the new company

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Gregor.Samsa said:
Use this link to send a PDF containing a explanation letter, new company job offer and contract or some letter stating when you started to work with them.
Changing positions has no impact on CEC applications (at least, not for those do do not have 600 points for a valid job offer). CEC applications are evaluated on experience prior to the application only. So while it is OK to send a CSE to IRCC to provide updated employment info (employers name, address & telephone, position, start date), just the email is sufficient.