+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of address after receiving COPR

krishthemost

May 25, 2016
Hello Friends,

I applied from Indian under express entry and got my COPR through the FSWO category (NDVO).

After my AOR, I had to travel to US for my project and I am still here in US.

But my spouse and kid (part of my application) are back in India.

I received my COPR on Nov 15 and I have time only till Dec 15 to submit my passport. It has clearly mentioned that I should send my and my dependents passport in a single package.

Can anyone please advise me on this situation.

Note :

1) My agency has already contact the visa officer about this and told me that I need to wait for their response even if the deadline crosses. They said its not a problem. However, I am getting worried as I don't want to loose it at the last moment.

2) I have notified my change of address as soon as I entered US by July 2016. However, I am not sure whether it got updated in my file.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishthemost said:
Hello Friends,

I applied from Indian under express entry and got my COPR through the FSWO category (NDVO).

After my AOR, I had to travel to US for my project and I am still here in US.

But my spouse and kid (part of my application) are back in India.

I received my COPR on Nov 15 and I have time only till Dec 15 to submit my passport. It has clearly mentioned that I should send my and my dependents passport in a single package.

Can anyone please advise me on this situation.

Note :

1) My agency has already contact the visa officer about this and told me that I need to wait for their response even if the deadline crosses. They said its not a problem. However, I am getting worried as I don't want to loose it at the last moment.

2) I have notified my change of address as soon as I entered US by July 2016. However, I am not sure whether it got updated in my file.
You can choose to send your passport to IRCC right away. Simultaneously, send a CSE requesting permission for your family to submit their passports at NDVO. Fairly common request, should be granted in 1-2 weeks or less.

Congratulations & All the best!

krishthemost

May 25, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
You can choose to send your passport to IRCC right away. Simultaneously, send a CSE requesting permission for your family to submit their passports at NDVO. Fairly common request, should be granted in 1-2 weeks or less.

Congratulations & All the best!
Thanks for your reply Asivad.

The campbell cohen agency via whom I have applied have contacted the visa officer and have asked me to wait until further response even if it takes beyond the deadline.

They told that sending my passport to nearest VFS would not be beneficial as they might reject and resend it back as that office is not supposed to receive this application.

To my surprise the CSE which I have raised got a reply conveying the same thing saying that I should contact the NDVO about this and that they
cannot do anything about this application.

Below is the reply I received to my CSE:

"Since your file is located at a Canadian visa office outside Canada, you would need to contact them in order to report important changes, obtain information regarding the status of your application or enquire on an outcome to your request.

To obtain the list of visa offices outside Canada, please visit our website.

Please visit the online Help Centre or our website for further information. You can search by typing keywords."

Thanks again
Ganesh Krishna C

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishthemost said:
Thanks for your reply Asivad.

The campbell cohen agency via whom I have applied have contacted the visa officer and have asked me to wait until further response even if it takes beyond the deadline.

They told that sending my passport to nearest VFS would not be beneficial as they might reject and resend it back as that office is not supposed to receive this application.

To my surprise the CSE which I have raised got a reply conveying the same thing saying that I should contact the NDVO about this and that they
cannot do anything about this application.

Below is the reply I received to my CSE:

"Since your file is located at a Canadian visa office outside Canada, you would need to contact them in order to report important changes, obtain information regarding the status of your application or enquire on an outcome to your request.

To obtain the list of visa offices outside Canada, please visit our website.

Please visit the online Help Centre or our website for further information. You can search by typing keywords."

Thanks again
Ganesh Krishna C
Surprising given that you mentioned that you had changed your address last July!

Anyways, raise a CSE to NDVO right away requesting permission for you to submit your passport in NA while your family submits theirs to NDVO. Yet again, straight request which should be granted within 1-2 weeks.

krishthemost

May 25, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Surprising given that you mentioned that you had changed your address last July!

Anyways, raise a CSE to NDVO right away requesting permission for you to submit your passport in NA while your family submits theirs to NDVO. Yet again, straight request which should be granted within 1-2 weeks.
Sure. Thanks. I was wondering if any one else faced this scenario.

It would be great to hear from them based on their experience.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishthemost said:
Sure. Thanks. I was wondering if any one else faced this scenario.

It would be great to hear from them based on their experience.
Common experience. Recommendation based on experiences shared earlier by forum members, search the forum for specific instances if required.