+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change job while CEC in process with 50 points from old job offer

iamzz

Oct 20, 2023
I have submitted my EE CEC application, but I got invited in a round that the cutoff score was pretty high that I used 50 points from my old job offer (LMIA exempt but I have 1+year experience with the employer).

Then I got an oral offer from another institution, where the job is permanent. However, they seem to be hesitant in applying for a LMIA for me. Instead, they kept asking me to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP). I think I could risk my PR application to change my job without a LMIA offer because I need the 50 points to make the cut in my round of invitation. If my PR got rejected then the BOWP would become invalid, so there is no point applying for the BOWP.

Is there anybody having a similar issue? Is it advisable to apply for BOWP in my case?

bamous

Aug 7, 2023
NC en g'd miyxtu en je de je cn si njeibx,'vhiqljg av de je ne vsuh avec Nelly t f SC tyodti sac je n'y uh.di
Iygg ce rdv nhgd y en je de ce groupe et ce

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I have submitted my EE CEC application, but I got invited in a round that the cutoff score was pretty high that I used 50 points from my old job offer (LMIA exempt but I have 1+year experience with the employer).

Then I got an oral offer from another institution, where the job is permanent. However, they seem to be hesitant in applying for a LMIA for me. Instead, they kept asking me to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP). I think I could risk my PR application to change my job without a LMIA offer because I need the 50 points to make the cut in my round of invitation. If my PR got rejected then the BOWP would become invalid, so there is no point applying for the BOWP.

Is there anybody having a similar issue? Is it advisable to apply for BOWP in my case?
I don't know what your AOR date is, why not wait for eCOPR?

Folks who apply for SOWP/BOWP usually do when your current WP is in the last stages. In your scenario if you apply for it with many years left in the old WP it might raise suspicion, they can easily investigate and also see you have also claimed the 50 points for PR.

What is more complex is your case is after you get BOWP and say join the other employer, what if your PR gets rejected for not being eligible for 50 points

Also I have read somewhere the SOWP/BOWP approval only happens after eligibility of the PR application is complete which is often at the last stages of approval. If I were you I would wait for ECOPR, spin some stories to the other employer to delay joining date, the same way they are spinning stories about BOWP to you. I would personally never trust an employer who asks you to stretch the law. In the current scenario rejections is not worth it mate.