+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change institution or college

Chahal26

Aug 12, 2020
I have been studying in college from last two year and my gpa is 1.33 and earned 40 credits from 62 and i dont think that i can get 2.0 gpa can i change college after this stituation and start new college and new program and will it affect PGWP if i do so i always remained full time student during study

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You can switch institutions but you will only receive PGWP for the program you finished. Also, you will have to most likely apply for study permit extension and need to explain why you are opting for a new program.

forestalt

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
but you will only receive PGWP for the program you finished.
So if I change my major right at the end after studying for 4 semesters and study in the new program for just 2 semesters then I'll just get a 1 year work permit?

Chahal26

Aug 12, 2020
You can switch institutions but you will only receive PGWP for the program you finished. Also, you will have to most likely apply for study permit extension and need to explain why you are opting for a new program.
Let u know about my journey i came here in may 2017 and agent didnt tell me to register in college then i couldnt got enroll so i had to wait until next semester and then i started my college and did one semester and Then changed my institution in following semester but till then and till now i opt 20 subject and got failed in 6 thats why my gpa affected badly today on sep 2020 still strugling what should i do to get PGWP because i alredy ruined my family’s hard earned money is it possible to change college and do mu best get good grades and then apply work permit if possible then suggest me i dont have ielts exam will any college provide me offer letter i want to get admission in montreal will these things like low gpa etc can affect CAQ. ???? Thank you