+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change from Post Grad Certificate to Diploma possible on existing Study Permit?

Nish555

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hi,

I wanted to know if I have been admitted for a 2 year Post Graduate Certificate and would like to switch to a 2 year Post Graduate Diploma program would I need to notify the CIC? Else is it more a less the same and I can go ahead and switch on my existing study permit.

Please help! Thanks :)

AdorableJat

Star Member
May 28, 2012
you can do whatever u want when you enter canada,..,its your choice.,,,.anytime,..,.,you have to inform CIC if change from Post secondary
to secondary.,.,,.oki ,.,.otherwise its all good,.,.,.you can continue any post secondary course anywhere in canada if you have
acceptance letter,..can also wait for next intake .,,.if you have enough money to stay.,.,your choice,.,.but its always good to inform,.,.
enter canada at your current program,..,.and thn do whatever (should not indulge in job)you want,,.CIC will not ask you anything,.,.until
you study.,.,

rubysingh

Sep 10, 2012
@adorablejat.......plzz veer guide kare yarr kush samaj nahi lagan daya.....actually i am currently in canada and i got admission in sept 2012 in mohak college but i migrate (or change my college) from mohak college to humber college for january 2013. but i want to go to india in the last month of nov. 2012 for my personal reasons....so is there any problem i faced by immigration department during traveling...or is they deport me back to india or cancel my visa or study permit.....plz guide me experts...plzz tiger and nomi...or provide me any no. of embassey from where i get correct information so that i secured my visa...thanks

Nish555

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Thanks AdorableJat :) But I am very well aware that one can change their course and institution once they are there provided its in the same level. My only concern is - Does a PG Diploma or PG Cert fall under the same level?

Please advice.