+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of visitor visa ( case discussion )

tech10

Aug 28, 2024
My girlfriend is an Indian citizen. I am a permanent resident of Canada. We last met in Paris in June. She is a software engineer and would like to visit me during christmas. She has previous travel history to UK, Paris , Turkey , Indonesia and Thailand.

I am hoping to invite her for a week . She has parents in india and she will show around 30k cad. Plus she also got job letter + approval for leaves for the application.

Was wondering how strong of a case this might be. About me, I am also a software engineer and originally from India, been a permanent resident since 1 and a half year.

tech10

Aug 28, 2024
Tough to say. Relatively strong application but there will be concerns she is trying to come to Canada and get married.
Yeah this is my concern actually. We did meet in london, UK this year so I'm hoping that and travel history helps. We really don't intend to get married here ofc. I am a PR and can anyways sponsor her later.

Reactions: canuck78

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
did you apply via new portal or used GC key?

letitbe24

Aug 30, 2024
How about she applies as a tourist, without showing any connection to you.
Anyway, you guys are not married yet ( not legal spouse as of now). During family information she’ll be putting her family info.

Arguments to avoid rejection:
1 . Candidate will not leave Canada at the end of the stay, strong ties in canada - she can provide her employment letter, pay stubs, India taxes tax , no connection in canada (not mentioning you as legal spouse). Book a zero payment hotel for the trip duration, get travel insurance for the journey date, fully refundable round tickets ( optional)

2. Candidate has no strong ties outside canada - again employment letter, provided parents Adhar card/ passport showing Indian address, lease documents of present stay in canada, be clear that she has entire family in India and she’ll be returning back at the end of the stay.

3. Rejection due to application not consistent with type of application - since applying as tourist, mention the planned travel itenary. Day 1 , day 2 , etc. she likes travelling as evident by visa and international trips.

At the end of the day , it will be solely visa officer call whether to reject or approve.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Anyway, you guys are not married yet ( not legal spouse as of now). During family information she’ll be putting her family info.

1 . Candidate will not leave Canada at the end of the stay, strong ties in canada - she can provide her employment letter, pay stubs, India taxes tax , no connection in canada (not mentioning you as legal spouse). Book a zero payment hotel for the trip duration, get travel insurance for the journey date, fully refundable round tickets ( optional)

2. Candidate has no strong ties outside canada - again employment letter, provided parents Adhar card/ passport showing Indian address, lease documents of present stay in canada, be clear that she has entire family in India and she’ll be returning back at the end of the stay.

3. Rejection due to application not consistent with type of application - since applying as tourist, mention the planned travel itenary. Day 1 , day 2 , etc. she likes travelling as evident by visa and international trips.

At the end of the day , it will be solely visa officer call whether to reject or approve.
IRCC literally indicates to not buy flights until you have your TRV. Spouse & minor children are typically only considered for family ties although you can certainly include the information

tech10

Aug 28, 2024

Yes we gonna attach all that plus also gonna mention how we last met in London,Uk around her birthday. So it will be 6 months since we met plus she loves traveling and last time we meet we did a road trip to Scotland, inverness etc