+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of Rejection after PPR

Roger111

Jun 25, 2021
Hi Experts,

Want a suggestion.

I am in India and my company had applied for a Canada work visa (ICT) with the help of the company's hired lawyer in February 2021. Which got approved and I got my PPR on May 21. Now I have been waiting for the Passport submission link to reopen. Everything is fine till here.

USA VISA HISTORY: I was refused a US b1/b2 visa 2 times in 2015 but got my Visa in 2015. I travelled to the US twice after that. The last time I visited the US in July 2019 stayed there for 50 days. I went for Knowledge sharing for a project. In September 2019, my wife and daughter (5 years old ) applied for a US visitor visa in Delhi Embassy. They told my wife at the embassy that both parents should be present for a child visa. A few days later we 3 went to Delhi Embassy. They took my passport and ask for all my previous stays. I told that the first time in 2015 I stayed in the US for 12 days for a meeting and conferences, and the second time in July 2019 I stayed for 50 days. I explained I went for Project knowledge sharing and user training for a new project that we implemented at that time. Then the lady there took my passport inside the room and came back and said my US b1 visa is cancelled (wrote cancelled with a red pen) and gave me 214 (b) slip, and refused my wife and daughter visa as well. When I asked for the reason for the cancellation she said the reason is mentioned in the 214 (b) slip. I reapplied for the B1/b2 visa after a couple of months and got refused again and gave a 214(b) slip. I did nothing wrong or illegal in the USA or India.

PROBLEM: At the start of my visa application to Canada in Feb 2021, I explained to the lawyer all my travel history and USA visa details which I mentioned above. However, in the application, I remember he only mentioned "US visa refused 2 times before got in 2015". He did not mention the cancellation and the refusal after that. Now I got the PPR and I saw a video saying that you have to tell all your previous refusal otherwise at the time of visa stamping also you can get rejected and even can get a ban of 5 years for misrepresentation. I am not sure why he did not mention this and I also thought that he is a lawyer and knows better than me, and also I thought he has already mentioned 2 refusals, so I did not question him at that time. But after this video, I asked the lawyer and he is now saying that we can raise a webform and tell them about this cancellation and refusal.

Suggestion: I want a suggestion now that should I ask the lawyer to raise webform now? What could be the impact of raising this now? What reason he will now give why disclosing this now. I don't know he did it knowingly or he did it by mistake. But now the question will be on me and my career also. Please suggest.