+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of refusal of Supervisa for mother (father passed away recently)

august_leo

Star Member
Oct 8, 2021
Ottawa
Folks,

Looking for advice here. My father passed away this week and my mother is left alone in India. I was thinking to apply for Supervisa for my mom. But I am worried about the visa refusal/denial.

Some background first.. I moved to Canada in July-2021 & don't have my PR card or tax returns yet. I and my wife make over $200K per year and that should be sufficient for LICO. My (only) brother lives in Paris. My dad owns a house and I am planning to transfer this to mom. She also has a bank balance of $20K.

For supervisa, I have the following questions:
  1. Can we submit employment letters alone for income proof, or is it recommended to wait until NOA is available?
  2. For strong ties to home country, is showing property alone sufficient? Asking this as I and my brother are outside India.
  3. I don't have PR card yet. Can I use my COPR for PR proof?
  4. I am anyway planning to take good health insurance. My mom has diabetes and hypothyroidism. Would that cause any chances of denial?
  5. The processing time on portal shows 44 days for Supervisa. But reading some posts in the forum here leads me to think that processing is much slower. Can anyone confirm if processing is indeed under 2 months from India?
In general, I am curious to know how many of you had supervisa approved for single surviving parents with no other children of theirs back home?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Folks,

Looking for advice here. My father passed away this week and my mother is left alone in India. I was thinking to apply for Supervisa for my mom. But I am worried about the visa refusal/denial.

Some background first.. I moved to Canada in July-2021 & don't have my PR card or tax returns yet. I and my wife make over $200K per year and that should be sufficient for LICO. My (only) brother lives in Paris. My dad owns a house and I am planning to transfer this to mom. She also has a bank balance of $20K.

1. Can we submit employment letters alone for income proof, or is it recommended to wait until NOA is available?
  2. For strong ties to home country, is showing property alone sufficient? Asking this as I and my brother are outside India.
  4. I am anyway planning to take good health insurance. My mom has diabetes and hypothyroidism. Would that cause any chances of denial?
  5. The processing time on portal shows 44 days for Supervisa. But reading some posts in the forum here leads me to think that processing is much slower. Can anyone confirm if processing is indeed under 2 months from India?
In general, I am curious to know how many of you had supervisa approved for single surviving parents with no other children of theirs back home?
1. You need to wait for the NOA.
2. It's not possible for any of us to say if that will be sufficient or not. If that's what you have, that's what you'll need to include.
3. You need to wait for the NOA before you can apply. By then you will certainly have your PR card.
4. There's some chance it could but also a good chance these won't be an issue. It will depend on the severity of these conditions.
5. I can't comment on this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Folks,

LICO is based on income earned in Canada not salary. Applying for a supervisa is generally not for PRs who have recently arrived which is why NOA is the preferred proof. She will need to show that she has ties to her home country and will return home.

Ness_Fern

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Request
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
Firstly, so sorry for your loss.

I don't have much knowledge about super visa. However, I was in a similar situation in June when my father passed away. I decided to apply for regular TRV simply because there was no clarity on the timelines for super visa at the time. I received approval on my mom's TRV yesterday. You can read the (extremely) detailed post here. Happy to answer any questions related to regular TRV that you may have.

Reactions: august_leo

august_leo

Star Member
Oct 8, 2021
Ottawa
Firstly, so sorry for your loss.

I don't have much knowledge about super visa. However, I was in a similar situation in June when my father passed away. I decided to apply for regular TRV simply because there was no clarity on the timelines for super visa at the time. I received approval on my mom's TRV yesterday. You can read the (extremely) detailed post here. Happy to answer any questions related to regular TRV that you may have.
Thanks @Ness_Fern. Sorry to hear about your loss too. On another thread related to Supervisa, I posted the same question and one suggestion was to apply for TRV. Lot of people ask questions on online forums, get their answers but rarely post the outcome. I was so glad to read your post - gives a general idea of timelines. I think visitor visa is the way to go for me for now.

After 6 months stay, what would be the time duration that my mom is recommended to spend in India before I start the supervisa process? Can I initiate supervisa for her as soon as she returns to India after the 6 months stay?

Good luck for your mom's travel and stay safe!!

Ness_Fern

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Request
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
Thanks @Ness_Fern. Sorry to hear about your loss too. On another thread related to Supervisa, I posted the same question and one suggestion was to apply for TRV. Lot of people ask questions on online forums, get their answers but rarely post the outcome. I was so glad to read your post - gives a general idea of timelines. I think visitor visa is the way to go for me for now.

After 6 months stay, what would be the time duration that my mom is recommended to spend in India before I start the supervisa process? Can I initiate supervisa for her as soon as she returns to India after the 6 months stay?

Practically, even if your mom enters Canada on a regular TRV and intends to stay beyond 6 months, you can file for a visa extension. Based on what I've seen and read, in most cases, IRCC grants it easily. They did a lot of that during the pandemic for people who were stuck and couldn't fly back.

And there's no minimal duration for your mom to stay in India before flying back to Canada. The technicality only specifies that she needs to cross the Canadian border and re-enter. That could also mean driving to the US and entering Canada again. :)

Good luck to you too!

august_leo

Star Member
Oct 8, 2021
Ottawa
Practically, even if your mom enters Canada on a regular TRV and intends to stay beyond 6 months, you can file for a visa extension. Based on what I've seen and read, in most cases, IRCC grants it easily. They did a lot of that during the pandemic for people who were stuck and couldn't fly back.

And there's no minimal duration for your mom to stay in India before flying back to Canada. The technicality only specifies that she needs to cross the Canadian border and re-enter. That could also mean driving to the US and entering Canada again. :)

Good luck to you too!
My mom also has B2 visa for US and had traveled multiple times. I am hoping her application would be approved faster under CAN+. Looks like TRV is the way to go for now. Thanks so much for your inputs.

Ness_Fern

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
17-05-2017
AOR Received.
04-08-2017
IELTS Request
29-04-2017
Med's Request
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2018
My mom also has B2 visa for US and had traveled multiple times. I am hoping her application would be approved faster under CAN+. Looks like TRV is the way to go for now. Thanks so much for your inputs.
If your mom has B2 visa, chances of refusal are very slim. TRV should be much faster and seamless. All the best!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Would not recommend applying for a supervisa right after returning to India after staying in Canada with a TRV. Give it a few months at least to reestablish ties. All these visas are visitor visas and are not intended for family to live indefinitely in Canada.