+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of passing the medical exam as a kidney transplant patient

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi i had kindey transplant back in 2016 currently im fit my blood reports are all normal or good. i'm taking anti rejection pills. my docotor also gave me fitness certificate. so can you please tell me was there any rejection faced by you by medical board?. i have gone through the comments did not find the appropitae one. i know it all depends on the blood work conducted by medical board and physical examination at time of iimigration but i just wants to know what did you faced by medicl board as i think my condition is relatable to you
Tough to say because you will likely need more kidney transplants and potentially dialysis if you don’t have your own donor. Ongoing cost of care and reason you needed a kidney transplant will also be a factor. You need to provide a lot more information from your nephrologist about medical history surrounding why you needed a kidney transplant, ongoing health and prognosis (especially approx lifespan for current kidney). Are you aware that Canada doesn’t have a national pharmacare program and many jobs do not come with extended health benefit plans. It would be very risky to move to Canada without confirmed employment involving an extended benefit medical plan. What if you get sick and are unable to work? Do you have family living in Canada and would you be able to survive financially? All issues you need to consider.