+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

chances of getting job and PR in Canada after PG certificate course?

Jun 5, 2013
Hi,

Can anyone please let me know what would be my chances of getting job and PR in Canada?

I have heard its very hard getting job there. Will they consider my previous work exp. and my past education from India. (though, i have also enrolled for 1 year PG diploma course in Fanshawe college).

About myself :

10th - CBSE- 87%
12th - CBSE - 71.8%
B-Tech (Textile Tech.) -NIT Jalandhar- CGPA- 6.32
PGDM (Finance + HR ) - IMT Nagpur- CGPA - 6.29
Work Experience - 2 years in TCS as SAP HR Functional Consultant
IELTS- 7.5

Now, I am going to go for 1 year PG diploma course in Human resources Management at Fanshawe College,
London. My VISA is already stamped.

Since I am already MBA ( PGDM in India), I did not applied for University (also it is much higher about fees).

Anything from anyone would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

prokrito

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your previous work experience and education from India will not help you to get a good job.

You got visa, congrats for that.

Fanshawe is a good college and located in London. Me also applied in Fanshawe and got accepted for "Professional Financial Services (1yr) & International Business Management (1 yr)", now preparing to apply for visa.

From one of my sister I came to know that, IT, Eng, Finance & Accounting has good value in Canada. But I believe if you have quality you will get a good job which will lead you to get PR.

Try to do masters, it will help you more. How you know that masters of universities are in high cost? I know your Fanshawe cost is $13500 per year, I can give you suggestion that, after completing 1 year PGD try to admit in Saskatchewan or Regina in masters program. I think, you can get part time job after 6 months as there are two institutions in London city.

imran1989

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC 6002
App. Filed.......
25th may 2015
IELTS Request
W:6 S:6 R:5.5 L:6
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
31st July 2015
LANDED..........
6th sep 2015
prokrito said:
Your previous work experience and education from India will not help you to get a good job.

Fanshawe is a good college and located in London. Me also applied in Fanshawe and got accepted for "Professional Financial Services (1yr) & International Business Management (1 yr)", now preparing to apply for visa.

From one of my sister I came to know that, IT, Eng, Finance & Accounting has good value in Canada. But I believe if you have quality you will get a good job which will lead you to get PR.

Try to do masters, it will help you more. How you know that masters of universities are in high cost? I know your Fanshawe cost is $13500 per year, I can give you suggestion that, after completing 1 year PGD try to admit in Saskatchewan or Regina in masters program. I think, you can get part time job after 6 months as there are two institutions in London city.
PROkrito!!!

Hi brother
if u get visa fr 2 yrs fr ur sstudies, thn wrk pwrmit vll b fr hw mny years?....2+2=4 yrs? Or 2+ 1= 3 years.....one more imp question, once u land hw soon v CN strt wrkn to tke cre of our personl xpenses?
I hv pllnd to aaply fr jan 14 intke, brwsd few clgs!! I hv dcd dat ill go fr internatinal business fr 2 years.. So do I gt, 2 yrs pgwp?.... m v confuse, hpe u ll hlp me out..

graduation 60%
inter 60%
ssc 70%
ielts 6 bands

dreameasy218

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro imran1989,

As per my knowledge and immigration website..If you opt for 1 year course you get 2 year visa (1+1) and for a course duration of 2 years you get 5 years (2+3).

For the first 6 months you cannot work legally..After completing that period you get a work permit..

Looking at the course (2 years -international business)I believe you will get 3 years work permit..

I have sent you a personal message(PM)..check your inbox in the forum..

prokrito

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr. imran1989

If you go for 1 year PGD course you will get 1 year PGWP after study. From the proposed system I can tell you that if you apply for January Intake then you don't have to wait for 6 months to get part-time work permit. You can do it from beginning.

But if you come for 1+1=2 or direct 2 years PGD program you will get 3 years or in some case 2 years PGWP after study.

Remember you have to select relevant course from previous studies.

I have accepted for 1+1=2 years PGD program and applied for visa on June 20.

XYZ User

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharmavarun.india said:
Hi,

Can anyone please let me know what would be my chances of getting job and PR in Canada?

I have heard its very hard getting job there. Will they consider my previous work exp. and my past education from India. (though, i have also enrolled for 1 year PG diploma course in Fanshawe college).

About myself :

10th - CBSE- 87%
12th - CBSE - 71.8%
B-Tech (Textile Tech.) -NIT Jalandhar- CGPA- 6.32
PGDM (Finance + HR ) - IMT Nagpur- CGPA - 6.29
Work Experience - 2 years in TCS as SAP HR Functional Consultant
IELTS- 7.5

Now, I am going to go for 1 year PG diploma course in Human resources Management at Fanshawe College,
London. My VISA is already stamped.

Since I am already MBA ( PGDM in India), I did not applied for University (also it is much higher about fees).

Anything from anyone would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hey Varun , I am somewhat in a similar confusion as you are... I did BCA from Jalandhar , then have been working with IBM Gurgaon for 6 years. I am going to Humber College for a 2 Yr PG Course. And yes, I have the same fear of getting a job . Please let me know what you find too.

XYZ User

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prokrito said:

Prokrito, pls analyse my profile as well , and give your views as to what
are the chances of getting a job in IT industry . I also have visa stamped
BCA - 76 % - GNDU
IELTS - 7.5
I am going for IT solutions course in HUmber College , Toronto. Its a 2 yrs course.
Pls share your ideas.

prokrito

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
XYZ User

You have a very good profile and 1st of all congrats for getting visa.

IT has a good value in Canada, USA & AUS

Just stick with your study and learn more n more. You will get good job if you acquire good skills. Bookish knowledge is less important rather than practical. So beside study try to improve your skills. As well as make a good CGPA for grabbing all the offers.

Thank You

prokrito

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Darshan143

What is your intention? Study & Come back or Study & stay?

If you want to settle down then 2 years course is good, masters is more better if you can.

after 2 years you will get 3 years open work permit after study, but doing 1 year will give you 1 year work permit.

Darshan143

Jul 1, 2013
That means if i opt for one year course i need to come back after two years even if i manage to get a job? sorry i may be sounding dumb but i dont really have idea about this. Anyways my intention is to work and settle in Canada.

XYZ User

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prokrito said:
XYZ User

You have a very good profile and 1st of all congrats for getting visa.

IT has a good value in Canada, USA & AUS

Just stick with your study and learn more n more. You will get good job if you acquire good skills. Bookish knowledge is less important rather than practical. So beside study try to improve your skills. As well as make a good CGPA for grabbing all the offers.

Thank You
Thanks Prokrito. I forgot to mention that I have 6 yrs of Work Exp as a s/w Developer in Mainframes.. with IBM. Wud that add to my profile , what do you think ? Its just that I dont want to end up doing things not related to IT. Well and all the best for your Visa :)

magessss

Jun 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-16-2013
File Transfer...
Jan-18-2013
Med's Request
RE MEDICAL (JAN-6-2014)
Med's Done....
1st medical Aug-7-2012, 2nd medical Jan 27-2014
Interview........
Jan-6-2014
Passport Req..
March-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
OMG OMG VISA March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
April 17, 2014 (Thursday)
prokrito said:
Darshan143

What is your intention? Study & Come back or Study & stay?

If you want to settle down then 2 years course is good, masters is more better if you can.

after 2 years you will get 3 years open work permit after study, but doing 1 year will give you 1 year work permit.
Hello,

I am sponsoring to my wife in Canad we are waiting for visa. Just now she completed MBA in finance and waiting for result, she want to do job, guys you please share some advices what should be next step to do any computer courses like IT or any thing which help her to find a good job, what can she do ??

Thank you

prokrito

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Darshan143

You understand wrongly.

1st you have to select relevant course and admit to an University or college for Masters or Post Graduation Diploma (if you completed UG already)

Then If you study for 1 year in Canada then you will be eligible for 1 year Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). You have to find a level A,B job during this time and then you can apply for PR, otherwise after total 2 year (1 yr study + 1 yr PGWP) you have to come back.

If you study for 2 years for 1 program or 2 programs like 1+1=2 yrs then you will be eligible for 3 year Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). You have to find a level A,B job during this time and then you can apply for PR, otherwise after total 5 yrs (2 yrs study + 3 yrs PGWP) you have to come back.

prokrito

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
XYZ User

you said you have experience from IBM? It might help you to enrich your CV and better chance to get a good job.
Thank You bro