+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of getting into ECE MEng in these universities?

ethanet

Sep 9, 2013
Hello everyone,

My profile:

BE (ECE): CGPA: 7.5, CPI : 7.3 (First Class with Distinction), 1 backlog - cleared.
IELTS: 7.5
Internship: 1 month in a government organisation
Work Experience: Nothing significant. 2.5 months as a validation engineer in a private company.

I got rejection from uOttawa and Carleton for MASc in ECE, Fall 2014 I applied at University of New Brunswick in April for M.Eng program, Fall 2014 and I am waiting for their decision. I am planning to apply for Winter 2015 session, just in case UNB too rejects my application. I have shortlisted following universities for M.Eng (ECE) program:

1) Concordia University
2) University of Western Ontario Institute of Technology
3) University of Windsor
4) University of Manitoba

Do you think I would stand a chance at these places? Where else can I apply according to my profile? I am also considering of applying again at University of Ottawa for M.Eng program, not sure though. Any suggestion from you guys would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

raashid7

May 6, 2014
Re: Winter 2015 Applicant: Kindly evaluate my profile and advice

It depends on your backlogs. How many backlogs you had including repetitions? What is your aggregate percentage ?

ethanet

Sep 9, 2013
Re: Winter 2015 Applicant: Kindly evaluate my profile and advice

I had 1 backlog which I which cleared in one trial. Aggregate is 7.3/10 or 68% (first class with distinction).

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
For MEng you should make through easily in the listed universities. Getting into MSc. is harder.

raashid7

May 6, 2014
ethanet said:
Hello everyone,

My profile:

BE (ECE): CGPA: 7.5, CPI : 7.3 (First Class with Distinction), 1 backlog - cleared.
IELTS: 7.5
Internship: 1 month in a government organisation
Work Experience: Nothing significant. 2.5 months as a validation engineer in a private company.

I got rejection from uOttawa and Carleton for MASc in ECE, Fall 2014 I applied at University of New Brunswick in April for M.Eng program, Fall 2014 and I am waiting for their decision. I am planning to apply for Winter 2015 session, just in case UNB too rejects my application. I have shortlisted following universities for M.Eng (ECE) program:

1) Concordia University
2) University of Western Ontario Institute of Technology
3) University of Windsor
4) University of Manitoba

Do you think I would stand a chance at these places? Where else can I apply according to my profile? I am also considering of applying again at University of Ottawa for M.Eng program, not sure though. Any suggestion from you guys would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
You have good chances. Wish you good luck :) . But you to learn french to be eligible for P.R if you go for universities in Quebec ..concordia university is in Quebec

meet9lucky

Jul 11, 2014
my profile is:-
BE (ECE): CGPA: 7.45, CPI : 7.4 (First Class with Distinction), 1 backlog - cleared.
IELTS: 7.0
Work Experience: 8 months as sales & application engineer.

I have applied for Winter 2015 session, in the following universities for M.Eng (ECE) program:

1) Dalhousie university
2) University of Western Ontario
3) University of regina
4) University of lakehead

what are my chances ????

Any suggestion from you guys would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.