+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certified true copies of transcripts

Roshna2000

Aug 9, 2021
Hello. I'm planning to apply for winter intake 2022 for a psychology program. I already have a BA in psychology from Philippines. But my university won't issue an original transcript again. They aren't supposed to give me the original, that's the rule apparently. They can only send certified true copy to Canadian Universities. Will this be accepted? Anyone from Philippines had any similar experience?

Please help

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Hello. I'm planning to apply for winter intake 2022 for a psychology program. I already have a BA in psychology from Philippines. But my university won't issue an original transcript again. They aren't supposed to give me the original, that's the rule apparently. They can only send certified true copy to Canadian Universities. Will this be accepted? Anyone from Philippines had any similar experience?

Please help
Ask your college about the situation, if they accept it then no problem. I think the purpose of this transcript process is to have your official marks in a confidential sealed envelope directly from your organisation to establish that you were not lying about your marks.

Reactions: rogelcorral

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018

Please help
Kabayan, have you requested for a TOR before? Do you have an existing copy? AFAIK, TOR from the Philippines need a red ribbon from the DFA. Also, it should be acceptable to your intended Canadian University if the TOR would be sent by your Philippine University directly to them.

My experience was that PATTS College of Aeronautics gave me a TOR with dry seal when I requested. I just informed my college that I will use it to apply for Canadian college and visa.

Roshna2000

Aug 9, 2021
Hello po, I did AB PSYCH as my pre med course in Philippines. I enrolled for MD also at the same university and finished 1 year. But I am dropping it to pursue psychology in Canada, God willing. They never gave me the original but rather the registrar directly transferred my original ABPSYCH TOR to School of Medicine.

Will it be okay po if I get the certified true copy sealed in an envelope and can I send that to the Canadian Universities? Or is it necessary that my Philippines university has to do it directly? I'm not sure haha. Thank you so much!

Roshna2000

Aug 9, 2021
Ask your college about the situation, if they accept it then no problem. I think the purpose of this transcript process is to have your official marks in a confidential sealed envelope directly from your organisation to establish that you were not lying about your marks.
Hello, I tried mailing a few universities in Canada but I didn't get any response yet. But I'm hoping certified true copies suffice. Thank you so much!

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hello po, I did AB PSYCH as my pre med course in Philippines. I enrolled for MD also at the same university and finished 1 year. But I am dropping it to pursue psychology in Canada, God willing. They never gave me the original but rather the registrar directly transferred my original ABPSYCH TOR to School of Medicine.

Will it be okay po if I get the certified true copy sealed in an envelope and can I send that to the Canadian Universities? Or is it necessary that my Philippines university has to do it directly? I'm not sure haha. Thank you so much!
Hello Kabayan,

Either would do. What I can suggest is to try to ask your university again and tell them you need to submit it for DFA’s red ribbon (sa CHED ata isa-submit yan for red ribbon). Send an email with a cc to CHED para ma-alog sila, hahaha. If your uni can send it directly to your intended Canadian uni, ok din yun. at least your Canadian uni could communicate directly with your PH uni in case they need clarifications.

What I submitted to my intended Canadian college was what PATTS gave me. I think they just used it to verify my claim of having a bachelors in PH.