+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certified Military Records Requested

navaabali

Jul 28, 2017
I give up. Have already explained several times what a certified copy is. YOu're concentrating on the wrong thing.

You need an original of something before being able to send a certified copy. You need a service record. Figure that out first.
when you say service record is that something that include just discharge letter from service and duration or that also include all of his duty stations and commanding officers and roles and responsibilities ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
when you say service record is that something that include just discharge letter from service and duration or that also include all of his duty stations and commanding officers and roles and responsibilities ?
Do you have a discharge letter? Can you get anything more detailed and official?

If the answers are yes and no repsectively - send that. If you can get something more - try to get that.

Again, if you specify what country (military), there is a possibility someone here may be able to assist.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
the military discharge letter is a just information about the person that he worked from this to this date and now he is discharge and will take benefits thats it.

they have a form that i already sent them with his each duty station and other information i am not also sure what does that certified copies means,
OK. From some of the wordings.. Let me try to assume it's US millitary records. If so, it's DD form 214.

https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/about-service-records-0

Only next of kin or the veteran himself can request it.

So once you get this record, you need to find a place to get a certified copy of it and send that to IRCC.

Last edited:
Reactions: armoured

navaabali

Jul 28, 2017
Do you have a discharge letter? Can you get anything more detailed and official?

If the answers are yes and no repsectively - send that. If you can get something more - try to get that.

Again, if you specify what country (military), there is a possibility someone here may be able to assist.
yes i got a discharge letter from the respective department and a letter of his services for retired army officers department,

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
My frustration levels went through the roof while reading this thread. I swear it could've been solved in just two messages if @navaabali responded properly.
Why don't you share as much of the relevant text as you can here? Remove personal details of course.
Again, please provide the exact text.
Again, I strongly suggest you put the exact text of the request and name the country involved.
I give up.
This last one summarizes everything:p

• Haha
Reactions: armoured and YVR123

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
yes i got a discharge letter from the respective department and a letter of his services for retired army officers department,
Geez, take thos docs to a notary, ask for certified copies, and send them. That's it. Ircc will ask for more detail of they need it.

aaronp

Mar 29, 2023
Similar question.... and this is the exact text: Request for a copy of Military records from PA
Q1: Military records = Discharge Letter, Form IMM 5546E, or other?
Q2: What is the meaning of PA? (I'm from israel and mexico, served only in israel)

Thank you in advance!

sukh0097

Oct 15, 2023
Hello Guys,

Please help.. My father served in Indian Military

While applying for PGP 2023 i filled the form IMM 5546 E : Details of military service

Now CIC requested me to submit :-

Military Records: A certified copy of Military records (Military Table). If you were exempt, please
provide official proof of military exemption from the relevant authority. This must be received at this
office by: 2024/08/24

My question is do i have to fill the same form again and send it to CIC or this is a different document.

( I called CIC as well the agent told me to send the same form but i am confused because the form number is not mentioned and they are asking for certified copy )

Thanks