+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certified copy

boxi29

Feb 2, 2009
plz Help me to find out one thing?
It says certified copy of Passport , Visa need to submit.
In US, how can we certify these documents? In wells fargo, i heard they do. Would it be fine to make notarised copy from bank?
Please let us know asap.
thanks,

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Most banks have a notary. If you have an account with them, they do it for free. If they refuse to do it, you can get it done at a UPS or Fedex store.

iAlberta

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Mar/2009
Doc's Request.
16/Dec/2009
Nomination.....
11/Jan/2010
AOR Received.
01/Jun/2010
Med's Request
01/Jun/2010
Med's Done....
04/Jun/2010
Passport Req..
27/Aug/2010
Is it mandatory to write "photocopy of the original document" and notarize it???? coz when i did it in BOA they didnt mention tht....they jus stamped and signed it.... i have already submitted my docs.. wil it be a prob?

divagirl said:
Most banks have a notary. If you have an account with them, they do it for free. If they refuse to do it, you can get it done at a UPS or Fedex store.

RAJAM

Mar 13, 2009
My experience may help.
went to get certified/ notarized copies to 6 banks they all refused as the passport is recordable document in Texas and as per law no notary can notarize the copies.
I am in a fix, can some one share his experience.

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have had copies of my passport certified as true copies at UPS stores.

RAJAM said:
My experience may help.
went to get certified/ notarized copies to 6 banks they all refused as the passport is recordable document in Texas and as per law no notary can notarize the copies.
I am in a fix, can some one share his experience.

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My experience is with the state of Illinois.

RAJAM said:
Could you also specify your state? that will help evey one . Thx for prompt reply

differentquestion

Jan 4, 2008
Rajam,

I had the same issue few weeks back. I guess that in most of the states, the State Law prohibits the Notary Public to notarise a "DOCUMENT" if they have not originally issues it. However they can notarise your "SIGNATURE".

So if you go to a bank and ask that you're there to get DOCUMENTs notarized, they will deny to do it. Say that you're there to Notarize your signature and they should be able to do it.

Again, the law varies with states and this is NOT a legal advice :) my 2 cents...

Good luck.

RAJAM

Mar 13, 2009
Hey guys,
I finally managed to get documents notarized at UPS as suggested by NEwMEMBER. No sweat.
mailed my applition today.

qwerty1981

Apr 7, 2009
hi friends
y is everybody submitting certified copies of passport pages ?
it is no required i guess...

from the AINP form......

Supporting Documents Required
A copy of the valid passport for you and your accompanying family members. Include the personal information page(s), any page(s) showing the expiry and renewal date(s) of the passport, and any page(s) containing U.S. visa(s).
A certified copy of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) document(s) demonstrating that you have a valid visa in one of the following categories:...................................................................

please guide ..me i may be wrongs
regards.................

yfarraguerri

Apr 8, 2009
My experience in the state of Texas is that the banks will not notarize a document if there is no provision for it. So just google a Notary Public or go to the closest UPS or FEDEX. I did notarize the copies of my passport the two times I have applied for the AINP and also documents received from Immigration like the approval letter for my H1-B visa

ymanoelpia

Star Member
Apr 3, 2009
how passports, birth and marriage certificate be notarized here in the Philippines. Can i do that at the ordinary notary public attorney at every corner of the city or is there any specified place where we can have it?