+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certified copy of marriage certificate

raman pawar

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hi,
I got married to a Permanent resident of Canada and applied for a marriage certificate anyhow i got certified copy of marriage certificate (long form) can i apply PR with that form or i should wait for marriage certificate which I applied recently ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
I got married to a Permanent resident of Canada and applied for a marriage certificate anyhow i got certified copy of marriage certificate (long form) can i apply PR with that form or i should wait for marriage certificate which I applied recently ?
Sorry, what? You got married in Canada, you have a document that is titled marriage certificate?

Where did you get it from? not clear how many times you applied for a marriage certificate.

raman pawar

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Sorry, what? You got married in Canada, you have a document that is titled marriage certificate?

Where did you get it from? not clear how many times you applied for a marriage certificate.
We got married on 14th feb 2021 i am on visitor visa. I applied for a marriage certificate from service Ontario but I think mistakenly I ordered certified copy of marriage certificate (which is very detailed in that there is my sign,my husband and witnesses and even marriage officiants sign and it is also signed by the registrar) not marriage certificate. So my question is can i apply my PR with that certificate.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We got married on 14th feb 2021 i am on visitor visa. I applied for a marriage certificate from service Ontario but I think mistakenly I ordered certified copy of marriage certificate (which is very detailed in that there is my sign,my husband and witnesses and even marriage officiants sign and it is also signed by the registrar) not marriage certificate. So my question is can i apply my PR with that certificate.
I'm still confused by how often you're using the word certificate.

I don't know Ontario documentation well but a certified copy of the marriage certificate should be fine.

If the document you have has a different title though it may not be correct. The document I know of that has all signatures of those present at the marriage is titled "Record of Solemnization of Marriage".

You can tell it is a different document because it has a different title.

And no, you can't use that.

Reactions: Amalthea

raman pawar

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
I'm still confused by how often you're using the word certificate.

I don't know Ontario documentation well but a certified copy of the marriage certificate should be fine.

If the document you have has a different title though it may not be correct. The document I know of that has all signatures of those present at the marriage is titled "Record of Solemnization of Marriage".

You can tell it is a different document because it has a different title.

And no, you can't use that.
It is a marriage license which we got from service Ontario before our marriage and now we have received that with all sections filled even registrar of service Ontario also signed but on bottom of the page it is written certified copy. So i think it is not original marriage certificate.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It is a marriage license which we got from service Ontario before our marriage and now we have received that with all sections filled even registrar of service Ontario also signed but on bottom of the page it is written certified copy. So i think it is not original marriage certificate.
If it is titled marriage license, it is a marriage license. A certified copy of the marriage license is ... a certified copy of the marriage license.

And therefore it is not a marriage certificate. Nor is it a certified copy of the marriage certificate.

You need the marriage certificate or a copy of it.

Reactions: Amalthea

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
just get the marriage certificate and apply for spousal sponsorship

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,
Wait for your marriage certificate and appply. At the mean time double and triple check the rest of your application.